Junior Economist to Macro Research (12 months fixed term)
About the job
As a Junior Economist in Macro Research, you get the opportunity to work at the intersection of macro analysis and financial markets. You work as part of a team of highly skilled experts in a dynamic environment. The role requires both analytical and communicative skills. In order to succeed, you need to be driven, result-oriented and have an ability to produce high quality results under pressure. It's a 12 months temporary assignment.
Your main tasks will be:
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Assist in forecasting macroeconomic variables for the Swedish and global economy
- Finding, organizing and marinating data sets
- Graph production in Macrobond and Power point
- Commenting on macroeconomic data
- Communicating with various stakeholders at the bank
- This role reports to the Chief Economist in Finland
What you need to succeed
- A quantitative skill set equivalent to a Master in economics
- You have a genuine interest in macroeconomics and financial markets
- Some years of experience of macroeconomic analysis
- Experience with forecasting and macroeconomic quantitative techniques is a plus
- Experience working with sustainability, such as the SDGs and Agenda2030 is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Finnish is a requirement, Swedish is a plus
- Proven ability to work well in a team, be cooperative and open
- Integrity and ability to challenge when appropriate
Why work with us?
We believe that long-lasting relationships with our customers and employees create the foundation for sustainable business. We would like to welcome you to an international organization, where you can apply your knowledge in creating relevant, efficient and innovative services to our clients. We offer you broad development and learning possibilities under professional leaders. We value a healthy lifestyle culture and a work-life balance. When people grow – businesses and society grow.
Large Corporates & Institutions
Manager: Heidi Schauman +358 50 328 1229
Large Corporates & Institutions
Large Corporates & Institutions (LC&I) is the Swedbank business area designed to meet the needs of large and midsized corporates and financial institutions. This includes multinationals and other clients in need of advanced financing solutions.
The business area is also responsible for delivering corporate and capital markets products to Swedbank’s retail operations and the customers of the Swedish savings banks. LC&I operates from offices in Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Finland, the U.S., South Africa, China and Luxembourg.
Swedbank is the bank for the many. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want all our employees to feel valuable and have the prerequisites to develop and perform at their very best. Inspiring and learning from each other is what moves us forward. Join us in our journey and find out more about us at: https://www.swedbank.com/work-with-us.html
We may begin the selection under the application period, so we welcome your application as soon as possible.
Nothing of interest for you – recommend the job to a friend!