Junior DevOps Engineer
Are you new to the DevOps world and seeking a challenging opportunity to test your critical thinking skills? We are looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer. Our ideal candidate a team player and communicates effectively with others, is self-starting and able to finish what is started.
As a DevOps Engineer in Avaintec, you will build and maintain scalable, cloud services with technologies like Kubernetes and Docker, running in GCP. You'll be solving day to day issues, helping our engineering teams with development environments, deployment pipelines and infrastructure, as well as doing long-term improvement projects to increase our level of automated tasks.
In order to succeed as a DevOps Engineer, we expect you to have:
- excellent and proven knowledge of Linux administration, from work or hobby
- at least 1 year of experience in Configuration Management & Continuous Integration
- experience in DevOps tools, like JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins or IDEA
- knowledge of Docker containers & orchestration with Kubernetes
- experience in public cloud platforms, preferably GCP, AWS or Azure a bonus.
- ability to utilise at least one programming or scripting language well
- ability to work independently and in an agile scrum team
- excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- passion for promoting standards and best practises
- good communication skills, spoken and written English is a must
We offer you:
- Competitive salary, meal benefit, and comprehensive health insurance
- Interesting tasks with a variety of learning and development opportunities
- Annual personal education budget
- Financially sound and internationally growing company
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Casual atmosphere in a modern company. Our working language is English
- Support of expert-level colleagues in a dynamic working environment
Our recruitment process:
Our process is lean but thorough. There will be at least two interviews and potentially a home task or technical test.
Our culture is built on respect, quality and curiosity with low hierarchy. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. This is a good opportunity to become a member of a rapidly growing company that offers great benefits, advancement opportunities, and a positive work environment.
If you find this appealing, please submit your application along with your CV and salary request with subject DevOps Engineer to jobs[at]avaintec.com no later than 23rd of November 2020. For further inquiries, please contact People Operations Manager, Fatbardhe Hetemaj +358 44 553 4333. Note, we’ll start interviewing interesting candidates immediately as applications drop in.