Junior Data Engineer
Sanoma Data intelligence team is building a new, enterprise-wide data platform. We value the principles of modern data architecture, serverless functions and container microservices. Our vision is to provide real-time view to our customers, so that our analysts and customer service can provide ever improving customer experience to our B2C and B2B clients.
We are working closely with data scientists, data analysts and several other stakeholders like Cloud Architects, Business Analysts, Software Developers, Product Managers in Sanoma. The team is delivering and developing data and data tools for everyone and all brands at Sanoma using the newest and most developed data tools.
We're growing our Data Intelligence team and looking for junior data professionals. If you're just starting your data engineering career and want to get to the next level, this is your place!
In Data Intelligence team it's possible for you to:
- Learn the state of the art data management methods and tools
- Influence the design decisions from architecture to the nitty-gritties
- Bring your enthusiasm to learn with the team the latest from machine learning, graph databases, real-time-systems, new generation marketing automation, etc.
- Work in a team that truly applies the agile development principles, with support from the executives, management, and company agile coaches
You don't have to master everything but some of the following experiences/skills would be useful in our team:
- some experience with automated data management: ETL/ELT, SQL/NoSQL databases, data quality and cleansing.
- programming skills from your studies, hobbies, or work. We prefer Python and Scala, but what we foremost value is the ability to produce clean code and think like coder.
- completed some studies in a relevant field, or extensive hobbyism in the field of analytics, data wrangling and open-source hacking.
- understanding of the technical requirements of cloud architecture (ideally AWS) and can build solutions for all kinds of data needs
- knowledge and curiosity on new technologies (open source, security, containers, micro services)
We offer you:
- versatile challenges in analytics and the latest tools to support that journey
- modern premises in the Helsinki city center
- data to build new progressive services on
- possibility to work with the newest and most developed data tools
- benefits of big company
- possibility to learn more with data and data community
- plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and develop your skills
- fast, easy-going and flexible working environment
Agile, Lean, Scrum, Unit test, Test Automation, Jenkins, Spark, Scala, Python, PySpark, git, DevOps, AWS, EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue, Batch, Lambda, Step Functions, ECS, CloudFormation, CodeStar, Cloud9, S3, CloudWatch, Fargate, Docker, Kubernetes, Graylog, Nifi, Matillion, Kafka, Snowflake, Marketo, SAS, Adobe Campaign, Atlassian, PowerBI, Qlikview, Graph database, serverless, microservices, SQL, ETL, ELT, Parquet, AVRO
In Sanoma we process terabytes of data related to video streams, mobile, cookie and relational data, which has direct impact how people consume their media in Finland. Do you want to be part of developing new analytical capabilities and influencing how Finnish people use their media?
Interested? Please apply by sending your CV/application latest on 27.6.2018. This role will be filled when right candidate is found. We are looking forward to learning about your previous projects and roles.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1132874
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuaika päättyy: 27.6.2018
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki