Jr. Research Scientist, Varian Medical Systems, Helsinki
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 25.3.2020
Are you interested in algorithms and working within research and development? We offer you a great opportunity to utilize your theoretical and practical knowledge of algorithms and/or physics to develop a leading software product in an international company. In your work you will contribute to the fight against cancer and do your part in ensuring that patients receive the best possible treatment. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a company, that is a market leader within the industry.
ABOUT THE ROLEYou are offered
* Great place to develop your skills in a global company
* Great chance to combine theoretical and practical tasks
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
JOB DUTIESWe are looking for a junior Research Scientist to work as a part of Varians international team. Your job duties will be a mix off practical and theoretical tasks. You will participate in software development process by doing maintenance work for the software but also participating to further develop radiation dose calculation algorithms.
* Software maintenance and other product development tasks
* Develop dose calculation algorithms for radiation therapy
* Issue investigation
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Educational background for example in mathematics, physics or computer science
* Some knowledge on / strong interest towards algorithms
* Fluent skills in English
* Experience and interest in programming, especially with C++ language
As a person you are:
* Problem solver
* Start: As per agreement
* Work extent: Full time, 12 months (possibility to discuss about continuing the contract)
* Location: Helsinki, Meilahti
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Varian that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.