Jr. Design Engineer, Sumitomo SHI FW Energia Oy, VarkausAcademic Work
How would it sound to be part of the industry of the future ? We are looking for an engineer in the beginning of their career for Sumitomo SHI FW Energia Oy in Varkaus to work as a Design Engineer and enable the company to achieve its vision and mission. Sumitomo SHI FW Energia is part of an international industrial company with 130 years of experience that wants to contribute to accelerate the achievement of carbon reduction targets. If you are newly graduated or already have some experience from the field, this is your chance to gain valuable experience in an expert team that will support you. Read more about our offer and the requirements of the role below.
ABOUT THE ROLEIn this role, you will be part of an expert design team of a couple of dozen people, consisting of experienced experts and junior professionals. You will be the new junior professional of the team and ready to take on new challenges. The role includes designing pressure vessels, piping or ducts for boiler plants in maintenance and implementation projects. Your working days will consist of partivipation in designing boiler components for boiler plant maintenance and repair works. You will also contribute to the modernisation of plants and equipment. You will be supported by a competent team and have the opportunity to develop as you take on new tasks. The role will give you the opportunity to repair waht has been working for years but also to create something new. The world and what we do is constantly changing and in your role you will ensure that Sumitomo SHI FW is at the forefront of this wave of development. You will also challenge yourself in project management as you will participate on various projects and have a role in them.
What Sumitomo SHI FW has to offer you:
* An interesting job profile and a growing international company culture
* Support and opportunities to develop and grow within the company
* Hybrid working model
Read more about a career at Sumitomo SHI FW here.
* Design tasks for boiler components related to the maintenace and modernisation of boiler plants, e.g. pressure vessel, piping, ducts
* Mechanical design
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Suitable educational background e.g. energy, mechanical or production engineering
* Understanding of the job duties from studies and/or internships
* Understanding of design software e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks, Autodesk, Inventor
* Fluency in English, Finnish is considered as a plus
As a person you are:
* Open for new experiences and ideas
* Active and ask questions of things you're not sure about
* Collaborative and ready to learn from others
* Start: As soon as possible
* Extent: Full-time and permanent
* Location: Varkaus
This recruitment process is handled by Academic Work and it is our clients wish that all questions regarding the position are directed to Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
OTHER INFORMATIONSumitomo SHI FW has been on a journey of innovation since 1891. The energy market has changed a lot in that time. Our focus on providing the highest-quality solutions remains as true today as it was then.
As a global provider of energy technology and services, our focus is on integrated solutions that support our customers from end to end. We want to be a life-cycle partner, from inception to design, and across installation, execution, maintenance, and operations - we will be there every step of the way.