IT System Administrator
Direct Conversion AB
IT System Administrator
Direct Conversion AB (ISO 13485:2016 certified company) is developing and manufacturing next generation x-ray and gamma ray imaging devices. (www.directconversion.com).Our office is in Espoo, Finland, but we are operating worldwide. We have headquarters at Stockholm, and subsidiaries in Helsinki, London and Munich. Direct Conversion offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with unique state-of-the-art technology in x-ray imaging for medical and industrial applications. Direct conversion is part of the Varex Imaging Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of flat panel x-ray detectors.
- Provide hands on technical assistance to client, server and network systems, including provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Provides daily support to users with all IT related issues.
- Perform occasional data center hands on administration duties.
- Independently handle assigned IT service tickets. Be able to diagnose, analyze and solve complex problems and demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Contribute to assigned IT projects. Attend conference calls and meetings with project team members from around the world.
- Resolve and respond to questions received via telephone or Service-Now ticketing system.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of problems via Service-Now.
- Document new help desk procedures as well as maintain documentation on troubleshooting and technology, contribute to the knowledge base as required and ensure smooth hand over to higher tier support teams.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible work pattern to ensure that cover is provided during core hours.
- Plan and execute regular IT equipment refresh (Servers, Laptops, Desktops, etc)
- Manage software licensing in compliance with Varex IT policy.
Reports to: US IT Site Manager.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology desired or a related field or combination of education and experience.
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with backup/restore technologies
- Experience with storage
- Data Center Facilities experience
- Hands-On Server Hardware Experience
- Windows OS proficiency including current Server OS
- Familiarity with AD, IIS, FTP, SMTP, SCCM and other utility related platforms
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite, operation and administration
- Accomplished professional demonstrating both team and key individual contributions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers, and systems engineers.
Value added skills/experience:
- Certification or equivalent engineering experience in multiple OS's, VM and storage systems, Windows Server, SAN, Networking
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with Solarwinds
- Experience with Okta
- Experience with NetApp, Hitachi, Cohesity
- Cloud service experience AWS preferred
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
· Must be mature and tactful
· Must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude
· Must be a team player
· Excellent listening and customer service skills
· Excellent analytic and logical thinking
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Willing to travel occasionally.
The post holder will be expected to undertake training to ensure that her/his skills are current.
The position is permanent, located in Espoo Finland and employment can start immediately, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit your application/cover letter, CV and salary request by 31st of Oct 2020 through the application link Please note that you must press save before submitting your CV.