IT Support Specialist
Poolia Suomi Oy
Due to continued growth, our customer Makita is now looking for two IT Support Specialists to strengthen their IT team. The Makita Oy IT team is responsible for providing IT services to Nordic and Baltic countries with offices in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. Makita is a customer-centric organisation with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and after-sales support.
As a System Specialist you will provide technical support for the Makita IT systems, ensuring that all incidents and requests for IT services are resolved promptly and to a high standard.
You will work with the Nordic IT support team and assist with the configuration of new and existing hardware & software to meet the users’ needs. You will provide IT support for hardware and software fault diagnostics, incident resolution, reporting and management.
The role is primarily based at our Vantaa office but may involve occasional travelling to our regional offices. The Makita IT team is also involved in several exciting European-level IT projects so there may be an opportunity to join these projects too in the future.
- Provide technical support and maintenance on new and existing hardware & software
- Participate in the migration, configuration, and rollout of new or upgraded hardware and software
- Provide regular and detailed solutions on the service desk software and agree action plans for outstanding incidents
- Organize daily workload, ensuring priority calls are resolved or escalated as required
- Work with 3rd party engineers to support the diagnosis and resolution of faults on warranted / externally supported equipment
- Assist with service desk support calls as required
- Assist other team members in resolving support incidents
- Train users in the use of IT hardware & software
- Manage and maintain IT and SOX documentation
What we hope you will have
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT support
- Experience with Windows 10 desktop and server support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and some ERP system
- Knowledge of switch and firewall configurations (LAN, VLAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN)
- Customer service and helpdesk-oriented mindset
- Capability to organize and prioritize own work
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology
- Familiarity with remote support IT tools and services
- Finnish or other Nordic languages
- IT technical certifications
- Microsoft SQL administration
- Microsoft SharePoint and Power BI administration
- Infor LX BPCS ERP knowledge
- IBM Power (AS400) administration
- Microsoft Intune and Autopilot knowledge
- Agile Project Management skills
- FortiGate firewall knowledge
What's in it for you?
This role lets you work with variety of different exciting IT transformation projects and supports your learning along the way by giving responsibility and ownership of important projects. Makita’s company culture emphasizes everyone’s capability to develop and offers generous career and training opportunities. Moreover, Makita’s successful and established brand provides a working environment with an ethos of “work should be fun”.
The work starts in the fall/upon negotiation but since we start reading the applications immediately, we wish you to apply as soon as possible.
Poolia IT is the recruitment partner for Makita and we are happy to tell you more about the role, and thus do not hesitate to contact us at Poolia IT.
020 729 0839
020 729 0835
Makita Oy is a sales affiliate of the Makita Corporation from Japan. The Makita Corporation was founded in 1915 and is one of the largest power tool manufacturers in the world. Makita has set itself the goal of contributing to the creation of a sustainable society and consolidating a strong position in the industry worldwide as a global supplier of a comprehensive range of tools for creating comfortable homes and living environments, including cordless power tools, battery-operated outdoor power equipment, and pneumatic tools. Makita has established directly operated business bases in about 50 countries around the world and has upgraded their sales network in over 170 countries and after-sales service capabilities to become one of the leading companies in their industry. In addition, Makita is producing power tools in plants in China, U.S.A., U.K., Germany, Brazil, Romania, and Thailand. Makita’s worldwide sales and service network, as well as the stable, high production quality ensured at its plants worldwide, are the embodiment of the Makita brand.