IT Support Administrator at Growth Company with Market Leading Technology
Now we’re looking for a new member to expand our IT System Administrator team in Espoo Otaniemi.
Your job is to support users and workstations locally in Espoo and remotely across the EMIA region. In order to do so you need to understand the user’s context and stay in touch with the users, the business and their needs. Your role is situated between Help Desk (1st level support) and our IT Infrastructure Engineering Team (3rd Level Support). You will independently handle assigned IT tickets which incorporates diagnosing, analysing, and solving complex problems. As part of a global team you will be contributing to IT projects which happen across time zones and continents. Documenting your own work is self-evident to you.
- Provide hands on technical assistance to client systems and applications, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure in EMEA
- Perform occasional data center hands on administration duties.
- Independently handle assigned IT service tickets. Be able to diagnose, analyze and solve complex problems and demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Contribute to assigned IT projects. Attend conference calls and meetings with project team members from around the world.
- Resolve and respond to questions received via telephone or Service-Now ticketing system.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of problems via Service-Now.
- Document new help desk procedures as well as maintain documentation on troubleshooting and technology, contribute to the knowledge base as required and ensure smooth hand over to higher tier support teams.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible work pattern to ensure that cover is provided during core hours.
- Plan and execute regular IT equipment refresh (Printers, Laptops, Desktops, etc)
- Manage software licensing in compliance with Varex IT policy.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology desired or a related field or combination of education and experience.
Required: Familiarization with storage
- Windows OS proficiency including current Server OS
- Familiarity with AD, IIS, FTP, SMTP, MFA and other utility related platforms
- Experience with Microsoft O365 suite, operation and administration
- Accomplished professional demonstrating both team and key individual contributions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers, and systems engineers.
Value added skills/experience:
- Certification or equivalent engineering experience in multiple OS's, VM and storage systems, Windows Server, SAN, Networking
- Experience with VMWare Horizon
- TIL Foundation knowledge
- Experience with Azure
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Must be mature and tactful
- Must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude
- Must be a team player
- Excellent listening and customer service skills
- Excellent analytic and logical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing to travel occasionally.
The position is permanent and can start immediately, or as agreed. Please submit your application/cover letter, CV and salary request by 30th of NOvember 2021 through the application link. Please note that you must press SAVE before submitting your CV. For more information, visit our website www.directconversion.com or contact Bradley McKenzie by email; firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Site Support Administrator.