IT Project Manager
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company building a better future for us all? UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Senior IT Project Manager for a permanent position in UPM Forest IT Services
Greetings from your future manager:
“UPM IT has an active role in digitalization and adopting new technologies with agility and speed by utilizing IT partner ecosystem. Business driven development portfolio management and professional project management are focus areas in UPM IT strategy and capable IT project managers are key to the success. Welcome to join the team!” – Jaakko Kuoppala
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage the IT design, development, deployment and implementation of business IT projects
- Ensure that benchmarking, evaluations of various digital opportunities and all necessary technical analyses are conducted properly
- Act as a coordinator towards project supplier(s), maintenance partner(s) and UPM IT organization in managing their organization’s deliveries
- Ensure that IT-related costs, schedules and overall quality of the developed solutions are kept in control enabling Business Case realization
- Contribute to the fulfilment of service management requirements and ensure that the solutions are properly implemented into IT Service Portfolio
- Actively drive the optimization of delivery, hosting and licensing models
- Seek decisions for items outside the project’s decision mandate (like IT architecture, integrations etc.) from experts in UPM IT line organization
- Create transparency and trust among project stakeholders and IT organization
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Information and Knowledge Management / Information Technology / similar or equivalent university degree and strong evidence of project management success
- You are familiar with project methodologies and can ensure high quality project delivery and you have evidence of leadership skills for leading oneself and a team, and being able to deliver on-spot both alone and with a team
- You have proven your cost management competence by staying on track regarding both internal spend and supplier costs
- You have overall understanding of Service management and how services are created, and you are capable of listening to business, understanding their requirements and turning them into IT Solutions
- Your experience of IT Architecture is enabling you to understand the mechanics of the solution developed and you are proactively studying technology trends and future possibilities to be able to promote new and cost-efficient solutions and you are always seeking for opportunities to renew ways of working and challenge status quo
- You have good influencing and communication skills as well as strong drive, motivation and sense of accountability and excellent negotiation and facilitation skills
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, other languages are seen as an asset
- Experience in ERPs and Cloud based technologies is a valuable asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
The position is located in Tampere.
For further information, please contact Jaakko Kuoppala, Senior Manager, Forest, Timber & Plantation Business IT services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter latest 18.03.2018.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.