IT Product Owner
Euroclear Finland Oy
Euroclear Finland is developing and maintaining IT services to meet new and changing customer demands and new regulations in the financial area. We will also aim to automate and further modernize older platforms parts by implementing modern standard software packages.
We are currently looking for an IT Product Owner to join our Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) team in Helsinki.
You will work closely with business units to understand the client needs and develop new and enhanced services for our clients. You will own the Issuer Services and Common Solutions product backlog and lead the development of respective applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading development process and delivery in-line with IT strategy.
- Ensuring clearly expressed product backlog items.
- In co-operation with business units and other stakeholders, ordering the items in the product backlog to best achieve business goals.
- Steering outsourced IT provider development team as Euroclear Finland’s representative.
- Optimizing the value of the work the outsourced and distributed development team performs.
- Ensuring that the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the development team will work on next.
- Ensuring the development team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed.
- Responsible for quality control of delivery, e.g. approval of quality gates.
- Responsible for evaluating delivery risks, identification and monitoring of risk mitigation actions.
- Responsible for release definition and go live in production related to the applications in scope.
As a successful candidate you should have
- Experience in Agile software delivery
- Knowledge of financial industry and securities domain especially.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build trust and long-term relationships with the business and IT provider organization.
- Flexible attitude and ability to perform under pressure. You are a team player, organized, and self-starting.
- Experience in managing outsourced and distributed application development, testing and maintenance services.
- Good understanding of IT system, IT operations and project life-cycles in general
- A certificate in PRINCE2 and SAFe or frameworks alike is considered advantageous.
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Willingness to travel
Why join us?
In this role you’ll have a chance to be part of Finnish critical finance infrastructure. You get to play a central role in shaping Euroclear Finland’s application portfolio as well the delivery process on our journey towards Agile delivery.
We offer you a challenging position and great opportunity to improve your current experience and also to develop both your personal and professional skills within our international IT function in a global company. Our IT team is passionate about new technical challenges and aim at improving our performance continuously. Organization has low hierarchy to make sure each employee’s voice can be heard.
Our office is located in central Helsinki, Kamppi, with excellent public transportation and other services.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV including salary request via www.jobs.euroclear.com on 29.11.2019 at the latest. We will review the applications and start interviewing during the application period, so don’t hesitate to apply quickly.
The standard security clearance according to the Security Clearance act 726/2014 and credit check will be conducted for the selected person as well as drug testing before commencement of the employment.
For more information, please contact Head of Application Development and Maintenance Tommi Tarkiainen tel. +358 40 5369686 on 8th November 15.00-16.00, 15th November on 15.00-16.00 and 22nd November 15.00-16.00.