Meyer Turku Oy is one of the leading European shipbuilding companies. In ICT department we are delivering business critical IT service at infrastructure and information systems level for Turku shipyard and to our daughter companies. Technical ICT services include e.g. management and coordination of mainly outsourced infrastructure services. Business ICT services include e.g. purchase, maintenance, support and development of business applications. ICT works closely with line management for business development projects to enable the shipyard to run sophisticated and highly efficient processes. Meyer Turku shipyard and its daughter companies are using more than 100 business applications and have more than 1000 workstations in use.
We are now looking for an IT Infrastructure Architect.
• Drive the designing of new systems landscape for the local production environment in cooperation with solution architects
• Coordinate the overall system architecture design, systems analysis and operation in the domain area
• Align local architecture design with global
• Govern the system architecture design of strategic sourcing partners (datacenter service, cloud infrastructure)
• Strive for continuous innovations and improvements for the IT solutions
• Collaborate with colleagues in business units
• Experience in cloud infrastructure, virtualization (server, network, desktop), remote access systems landscape
• Experience of IT enterprise architecture and solution design
• Experience and knowledge of architecture best practices, reference models and patterns
• Ability to write architectural design documents and review design documents provided by others
• Ability to ensure cooperation between business, ICT, and vendors
• Cooperative personality, strong communication skills and team spirit, as well as commitment and flexibility
• Business-fluent Finnish and English
We offer you interesting challenges in a global high technology industry. You will collaborate actively with our colleagues in our sister shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. You will also have a great change to participate in developing a whole new IT systems landscape when the old legacy systems will be replaced with a new state of the art level IT solutions.
For more information, please contact Head of Group, Workplace and Network Services, Rami Kokkala, tel. 050-4324257.
Meyer Turku Oy employs 1,750 persons and specializes in building highly complex, innovative and environmentally friendly cruise ships, car-passenger ferries and special vessels. Together with two sister shipyards in Germany, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the world’s leading cruise ship builders. The successful shipbuilding tradition in Turku has been continuing since 1737. The company is currently building cruise ships for TUI Cruises. The company will also build two cruise ships for Costa Crociere, Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean International.
The design and construction of the ships are supported by the subsidiaries of Meyer Turku: Piikkio Works Oy, which is a Cabin Factory in Piikkiö, Shipbuilding Completion Oy, which provides turnkey solutions to public spaces in ships, and ENG´nD Oy, which is an engineering company offering services for shipbuilding and offshore.