IT Field Service Engineer
The Nordic IT Service is an internal Service function that acts as single point of contact (SPOC) for IT Field Service and Infrastructure Services.
The IT Service Engineer is responsible for providing remote and onsite IT Infrastructure support to Eurofins IT Systems Users. Furthermore, the IT Field Service Engineer facilitates the communication between IT Systems Users, IT Infrastructure and other relevant parties.
In that context, the IT Infrastructure Technical Engineer must:
- Do his/her utmost for delivering IT Services the most efficient way and within SLAs;
- Continuously seek to improve IT Services, while ensuring that regional IT Systems User demand and satisfaction is met;
- Follow Eurofins Standards and Policies.
In the capacity of IT Field Service Engineer:
- Ensure that Incidents/Service Requests/Change Requests are solved within SLAs;
- Ensure excellent customer satisfaction;
- Ensure successful escalation, e.g. make sure that Incidents gets the proper attention and that colleagues and IT Systems Users are well informed, and ensure that calls which need escalation are enriched with a proper error description;
- Continuous focus on increasing the first level resolution rate;
- Be present and available to IT Systems Users requiring technical assistance.
- Keep software up to date according to Eurofins standard.
- Pick unassigned tickets from the queue based on type, priority, and SLA;
- Document known-errors, work-around, SOPs in FAQs, and thus, help to increase the first level resolution rate;
- Troubleshoot/fix escalated tickets which Global IT Service Desk doesn’t solve;
- Train IT Systems Users in how to use Nordic IT Services.
The IT Field Service Engineer will normally have one site as his/her regular working place (Espoo), but traveling to other sites will occur.
Unassisted planning and disposal of working hours in relation to 2nd level assignments within the area of responsibility granted by the IT Manager. Special authorization can be agreed with the IT-manager. Always taking company politics into account. Working towards Eurofins targets. Following procedures and instructions within the Eurofins Management systems ensuring that we offer the right quality, sustainable development and product security. If necessary, develop or change guidelines and procedures in relation to own responsibility and positions. Ensuring fast incident correction in cases that may involve quality errors or environmental problems. Ensuring that products that reach our customers meet the decided quality and safety.
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Finnish language as native, professional English, any other Nordic language counted as advantage;
- User training skills,
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical information clearly;
- Ability to prioritize and control workload;
- Experience using a variety of PC software including MS Office, MS Exchange, TCP/IP;
- Experience using desktop management tools, e.g. RES automation manager;
- Service mind-set;
- Experiences with ITIL or another support framework for wide enterprise support;
- Experience with desktop support in large complex organisations;
- Experience with desktop hardware and software administration and remote access technologies
- A launch pad into various senior management opportunities – within the many business lines of Eurofins globally – or into the management hierarchy in our different corporate functions.
- The opportunity to grow your project management skills in a demanding, fast growing organization.
- A chance to become part of a highly motivated international team of professionals.
For more information
please call Mika Grönlund, Business Controller by phone +358 50 378 9282
Thursday 16.7.2020 between 13:00 - 14:00 or
starting 3.8.2020 during normal business hours 9:00 – 17:00
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years