IT Development Portfolio Manager
Neste IT’s global team is responsible for development and maintenance of information systems at Neste.
We are looking for an
IT Development Portfolio Manager
to join our IT Portfolio Management team in our headquarters in Espoo.
Your part in Neste’s journey
It is a great time to join us! Neste IT related development roadmap and planned portfolio is bigger than ever to support business growth. Purpose is to make sure that Neste group level portfolios are prioritized to support Neste group business strategy and targets at the right time and successfully.
In your role, you will
• Manage and coordinate group level IT development portfolio’s intake methods (inc. reviews), provide analytics and recommendations
• Provide coaching for phase gate, different project initiatives are compared/ reviewed through decided criteria in gate
• Understand the value creation logic of IT development
• Provide recommendations on how and when new work can be started
• Coordinate follow-up activities from reviews
• Support the structuring and prioritization on an integrated group level IT Portfolio
• Manage portfolio backlog and dependencies between development activities/ sub portfolios
• Analyse, report and communicate the value and performance (eg. KPI’s) of the portfolio for better decision making:
• Gather data, provide overview and detailed analysis and recommendations of group level IT development portfolio
• Maintain measurement models
• Interact and communicate with stakeholders
• Facilitate the development of the collaborative business case
• Provide coaching and support to the IT portfolio stakeholders, on the principles, practices, standards and controls for IT portfolio management
• Develope IT Portfolio management related tools, analysis, processes and instructions
You will work closely with IT stakeholders eg. IT development managers and project business owners, steering managers, product owners, scrum masters and project managers to ensure project has capabilities for successful delivery. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have a small team of experts working in the IT Portfolio Management team. Our team is responsible for managing IT development portfolio and developing portfolio and IT governance practices.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• At least 5 years of experience in leading portfolios / programs / big projects
• Understanding of management and governance structure and principles
• Business / IT analyst capability (business benefit definition)
• Capacity to both see the big picture, but also ability to see the details
• Ability to lead and influence in a global matrix organization
• Competence of portfolio and project management and agile development
• Sufficient understanding of Enterprise Architecture and development roadmaps
• Appropriate Master’s degree education
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and influential at every level in organization
We also value
• Cooperative working style with positive attitude and ability to work parallel with several assignments
• Lean and agile mindset.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Manager, Portfolio Management Kirsi Nurho +358 50 458 4369 on Thursday 4.2.2020 during 11-12 or on Wednesday 5.2.2019 during 11.30-13 EET.
Please submit your application by February, 12th, 2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 9.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.