IT Communications summer trainee
We are currently looking for an IT Communications summer trainee to join our Digital Workplace team. The team provides the tools and services for the daily work and collaboration of all Neste employees; for example laptops, mobile devices and related services as well as collaboration tools such as Google applications, Neste’s social intranet and collaborative project management tools. The Digital Workplace team is also responsible for providing professional IT support to all Neste’s employees via Service Desk and on-site at all Neste offices.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- Support in creating internal communications materials related to Digital Workplace tools and projects.
- Update and improve the Digital Workplace related pages in Neste’s social intranet
- Create and edit different types of texts and visual content (instructions, news articles, posters, videos you name it)
- Support in creating presentations and reviewing content
- Actively bring ideas to develop IT communication practices and tools (e.g. how to optimize content and engage employees with the help of modern digital collaboration tools)
You will work closely both with colleagues from Digital Workplace team as well as with service area vendors, IT Enterprise Architects, IT Security and infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of IT services and products in your responsibility area. The Digital Workplace team aims to improve the employee satisfaction via good user experience, improve employee productivity (i.e. ability to use the IT tools efficiently), enhance tech-friendly business culture and cost efficiency via fit for use services.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- Bachelor’s or Master’s studies in communications or other relevant field
- At least 50% of studies completed with relevant previous work experience
- Good text editing skills and a creative mind
- Tech-savvy personality and interest in technology
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Fluent English skills
We also value
- Open-mind to new digital communication technologies
- Creative mindset and skills to produce visually appealing content
- Understanding of technology and digital trends e.g. enterprise social media, videos
- Any previous work experience with IT and within global companies
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place in May-September depending on your availability. Read more about summer with Neste from our web pages or from our social media channels.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview. Please note that due to the large number of applications we are unable to answer phone enquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to email@example.com.
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest 16.2.2020.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.