Valio Ltd’s R&D is an expert organization responsible for innovations, technology and new product development, product quality maintenance, and IPR Management. The group of over 130 experts offers a unique environment to work within food industry and a track record of international break through innovations from the one hundred years of Valio R&D history. Valio R&D works closely together with our product groups, production and with the experts of different export markets globally.
We are looking for an IPR Manager at Valio Ltd R&D, in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki.
You are a person with strong competence and expertise in strategic IPR Portfolio Management in corporations as well as in practical IPR work with researchers and business groups.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Successful IP/Patent Portfolio Management to meet Valio’s strategic needs
• Co-ordination of the patent prosecution process, i.e. drafting of applications, looking after the pending patent applications and taking care of opposition processes together with inventors and patent agencies
• Systematic tracking and analysis of competitors and core technologies, and conducting of appropriate FTO analysis, evaluations and searches.
• Prior art searches
• Training and advising in patent issues at Valio
Success in the position requires:
• Master of science degree, preferably a degree in food technology, dairy technology, chemistry or bioengineering
• Good knowledge and several year experience in IPR practices in industry, preferably in the field of life sciences
• Ability to work independently and proactively, ability to team work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills both in Finnish and in English
IPR Manager is working in close co-operation with R&D management, inventors, technology sales, product groups and legal affairs, and reporting to Research and Innovation Director at R&D. External partners are patent agencies, patent offices, suppliers and experts in different fields.
We are offering You an interesting and challenging position, with a possibility to develop your skills as a part of highly motivated working community with long history on inventions having significant contribution to Finnish economy.
For more information, please contact SVP R&D Anu Kaukovirta-Norja, tel. +358 40 5257492 on 14th of June from 8-10 and 15.30-16.00 or on 20th of June from 10.00-11.00.
Please send your application including CV and salary request by June 24th, 2019 through the application link.