Investment Manager, Venturing & Acquisitions
Are you passionate about venture capital and technology focused startups? Do you want to be part of advancing the transition to renewables in transportation, chemicals, and beyond through technology investments?
We are looking for an ‘Investment Manager, Venturing & Acquisitions’ to join Neste Innovation in Espoo, Finland, Düsseldorf, Germany, Stockholm, Sweden, or Amsterdam or Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Our newly established Venturing & Acquisitions team is responsible for origination and development of investment opportunities for Neste in technology focused startups and assets in the areas of renewable & circular solutions for transportation and chemicals. Venturing & Acquisitions team also supports transaction execution together with Neste corporate M&A team.
Your part in Neste journey
You will play a key role in origination, development and execution of new investment opportunities for Neste. In your role you will
- Partner with senior Neste stakeholders to define strategic investment priority areas
- Lead and execute investment opportunity screening and assessment
- Cultivate relationships with startup and investor communities to support deal flow
- Develop partnership models & commercial approaches for collaborations/partnerships
- Support transaction execution including due diligence and negotiations
- Coordinate investment pipeline management
You will work closely with colleagues in Neste Innovation, M&A, legal, and IPR and externally with start-ups, investor communities and other partners/advisors. You will report to the Head of Venturing & Acquisitions, Innovation.
The keys to success in this position
The best combination of experiences, skills, and background is:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from a relevant field, e.g. business, technology, law, with strong academic record
- At least five years of relevant work experience from venture capital, corporate venture capital, start-ups, private equity, corporate development, institutional investors, consulting, or investment banking
- Established network within start-up and investor communities
- Strategic and investor mindset and ability to understand the big picture
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, and communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including relevant tools (e.g. Excel and Powerpoint)
- Fluent English language skills, other language skills considered as an asset
- Interest in renewable and circular technologies. Experience in these fields is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel
- Drive and resilience to work with transformational change
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with the Head of Venturing & Acquisitions, Antti Ritala, +358 50 458 14 73 on June 17, during 11 AM-12 PM EET.
Please submit your application by Wednesday 30th of June, 2021.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude testing. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.