Flashpoint Venture Capital
Flashpoint is a well-established investment firm that manages venture equity and debt funds. We look for a sophisticated team player to bring meaningful deal leadership experience together with strong knowledge of the local VC market and community.We are looking for a high-powered Investment Director who will be responsible for deal sourcing and execution, portfolio management and promotion of the Flashpoint brand in the region. We expect you to have six to eight years of relevant experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting or other relevant area of business. Alternatively having a strong track record from leading a tech company (either from a C-level position or as an entrepreneur) can be seen as a suitable background for this position.
• Sourcing of potential investment opportunities for both Flashpoint Venture Equity and Venture Debt products
• Meeting founders of potential investment targets
• Leading analysis of the potential investment targets
• Preparing materials for the Fund’s Investment Committee
• Executing deals by leading every step of the closing process (with assistance from external advisors)
• Board membership in the companies that Flashpoint will invest
• Portfolio management and preparation of materials about selected portfolio companies for the Investment Committee and other Fund’s government bodies (e.g. Advisory Board)
As a person, we expect you to have:
• Experience and understanding of the tech industry
• Sales skills, understanding of the industry, network
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Strong understanding of brand building
• Analytical thinking and fast-paced working style
• Proactive way of working and used to work independently
• Used to work in an international environment
• Fluent Finnish and English language skills
We offer you responsible tasks, with a high level of independence and excellent possibilities for professional growth in a fast growing, internationally established company. Flashpoint is known for its low employee turnover and the company offers attractive compensation. You will have the opportunity to work in a culture which values creativity and open communication while putting your own handprint in the Finnish Venture Capital market.
Interested in this excellent opportunity for developing your career? Please send your application and CV in English with salary request by 15 March 2020 at www.mercuriurval.fi (reference: FI-15083).
For further information, please contact Ari Rantala (Senior Consultant, Mercuri Urval): +358 40 822 7042, email@example.com or Niklas Sutela (Group Director, Mercuri Urval): +358 40 772 8270, firstname.lastname@example.org