We are looking for an Integration Specialist into our international team responsible for development, maintenance and production delivery of CSC services. If you have demonstrable experience working as part of a team on production-grade infrastructure and you are eager to learn, keen to share your knowledge and keep up with the latest in technology, this job suits you! At CSC you get to do meaningful projects and have an impact on the society. Job description is finalized according to the skills, knowledge and interests of the successful applicant.
What you'll do at CSC?
• Daily work focuses on integrating different backend services into CSC’s data authorization tool (https://github.com/CSCfi/rems).
• You'll be involved in automation of data management processes to enable secure and scalable solutions for our customers.
• Your responsibilities also include identifying, debugging and fixing problems as part of the existing CSC teams to achieve end-to-end stability on production-grade software releases.
• In addition, as part of our team you'll take part of defining the architecture and development roadmap for reliable services for sensitive data management. The team actively evaluates new technologies, tools or applications from the open-source communities.
As an Integration Specialist you'll have
• demonstrable experience of working as part an agile software team
• good Linux skills
• good knowledge of Python programming
• good knowledge of version control system use (e.g. Git)
• good communication skills (in English, speaking Finnish is not a requirement)
• good collaboration skills
• a Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Knowledge of Clojure programming and ClojureScript scripting languages would be considered as a big plus.
We also value prior experience on debugging issues, REST APIs, databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), and applying containerized solutions (e.g. OpenShift and Docker) or use of modern automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins or Vagrant.
CSC provides sensitive data management services for example on human genomes and health data consented for research purpose. An important aspect is to support national COVID-19 research data management as part of the wider European context. We work closely with Finnish biobanks, research institutes and other national stakeholders to provide the necessary capacity to process, analyse, store and share data in a secure manner. We expect all our technical staff members to use software development best practices, share our passion for technology and code development, and reusable software based on our open-source policy
CSC is growing and new career opportunities appear often. Job rotation is encouraged and there are multiple virtual teams and networks across the company.
If you are interested in free time activities, they are also aplenty – we have for example our own gym, a chess club, football team, culture clubs and many more!
Please note that standard security clearance will be done to the recruited person and job contract will be signed only after the check is complete.
Please send your application by 7.6.2021 via our recruitment portal http://www.csc.fi/careers.