Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Rotating Equipment (Terneuzen, Netherlands)
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the worldꞌs key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
You will report to the Technical Support Manager Electrical & Automation and be located in the Maintenance Department.
- Be responsible for the design, ease of operation and maintenance for rotating equipment’s controls, monitoring and protection systems and technical networks in the production plants at the Yara Sluiskil site;
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies for rotating equipmentꞌs controls, monitoring and protection systems based on required performance criteria, including preventive maintenance plans and operational & maintenance procedures and standards;
- Perform functional analysis, cost driver investigation, identify, initiate and implement reliability improvements and provide technical support to Operations and the local Maintenance organization;
- Demonstrate commitment to and practice of continuous improvement;
- Participate in modification and expansion projects when required;
- Build relations with other disciplines, e.g. mechanical rotating, production, within Yara Sluiskil, third parties, other Yara sites, the technical network within Yara International, and contribute within Yara globally when required;
- Participate in the E&A supervisor call-out organization;
- Take care that activities are being executed in conformance with Yara’s Values & Management system.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical- or Mechatronic Engineering;
- Proven experience in the engineering and maintenance of rotating control systems and -instruments in a production environment;
- Relevant experience with e.g. Bently Nevada 3500, System 1, GE Speedtronic, technical networks;
- Capacity to handle complex problem solution, good analytical skills and ‘hands on’ attitude;
- Good interpersonal skills, with an open mind and high motivation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch;
- Willingness to work in an international environment and to travel for some extended periods.
An external assessment can be part of the procedure.
For more information about the job content, please contact Samantha de Moor, HR Business Partner (tel. +31115474870) or Albert Platteeuw TSM-E&A (tel. +31620441393).
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) as one of our top 7 strategic actions and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.