INSTRUMENT AUTOMATION ENGINEER, BASF Oy Harjavalta
We are now looking for an instrumentation automation engineer to join BASF’s new battery material and chemical plant in Harjavalta, start from project support to after-project in operation maintenance role. The position is permanent and will start as soon as possible.
In this role, you will join the new site at the construction phase as part of the project team. You will be responsible for the electrical and automation instrumentation equipment and technology related activities in each phase and after the start up. These tasks include for example:
- Making sure the E&I engineering for project is proceeding in the overall time schedule and based on the project objectives
- Risk and safety assessments
- Electrical and power related issues including safety and protection
- Control (DCS and PLC) and automation (loop and functioning) principle
- Electrical safety issues
- Loop check and functioning test
- Functional leadership, coaching and guidance to engineering partner’s mechanical team.
- Supporting in the construction and commissioning
- Monitoring the detail engineering and installation carried out by the contractor
- Assist in preparing the plant for a successful startup
- Continuous improvement of plant reliability, EHS performance, economic performance and asset effectiveness regarding maintaining E&I control loops and devices by developing maintenance concept/plan for the production plant and utilities and executing the plans focusing on safety control system/loops/devices, preventive maintenance, spare parts management, contractor management, troubleshooting management, plant overhaul, cost management, new technology implementation, digitalization, etc.
- Work out maintenance manual and instructions for safety devices/control loops/system, PLC, DCS, MCC and on-site device, instrument and control loops
- PLC and DCS troubleshooting by control loop/system check/test/repairing and programming
- Lead maintenance contractors to implement maintenance plans, e.g. preventive maintenance, emergency response, plant overhaul, etc.
- Management of spare parts and vendor supports for E&I including safety devices/system, PLC, DCS, hardware & software, in-control room or on site.
- Support production optimization by E&I engineering design, MOC and digitalization management
We expect you to have a master’s level degree in automation or related technology and skills, or other corresponding education. You should also have previous experience in similar plant engineering roles where you have taken part in different automation instrumentation and/or electrical activities, preferably in a process plant. We also expect fluency in both Finnish and English, on top of which German is a plus. We also appreciate good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
In this role, you will join a new plant’s life cycle from the very start from project phase to running operation and be a crucial part in starting its project execution till operations. It also allows you to develop within the role, giving more challenging tasks and responsibilities as the plant is built.
For further information, please contact Barona Engineering; Kristiina Vormala (040 837 4019), best available on Thursdays 1-2 pm.