Instructor / Senior Instructor in Electrical and Automation Systems
Wärtsilä Oyj Abp
Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a Smart
Marine Ecosystem. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient,
safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The
opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you
know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world
trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on
the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with
smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Are you doing your job with passion?
Is it your intention to support colleges and customer with your knowledge and experiences?
Do you want to develop your skills on the latest Wärtsilä technologies?
Here is your opportunity!
At Wärtsilä Land and Sea Academy, we are responsible to keep up the high-quality standard through
continues improvement of competence.
We are focusing on Wärtsilä product and solution training for internal and external customer globally in Marine
and Power Plant Industry.
We are looking for:
Instructor / Senior Instructor in Electrical and Automation Systems.
Please note that relocation costs and/or immigration support is not available for this position.
Location of this position is Turku / Finland.
- Strong competence in the area of your profession
- Ability to conduct face to face trainings in Turku training center and at site
- Potential to develop training material and equipment according specification
- Strong focus on serving customers
- BSc or MSc in electrical or automation engineering or Marine Chief Engineer in similar area
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to work in multicultural environment
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Team player with a positive mind-set and ability to adapt / work independently
- Desire to learn new things
- Opportunity to gain competence in latest Marine and Power plant technology
- Freedom to bring in your experiences to drive trainings
- Develop new simulator for better training experience
Please apply by 23rd of February 2020.
Contact Person for additional information:
Frank Engels / Team Leader Electrical
Last application date: 23/02/2020