Inside Sales Engineer
The Inside Sales Engineer assists industrial customers by identifying the best solutions for their instrumentation and analytical applications, offers and sells complete product and services solutions, provides commercial and technical support to customers, always aiming to provide the highest standards of customer service. All in close cooperation with peers, Outside Sales, Service Engineers, Product Managers and Business Managers.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualify customer requests for quotation to ensure that a quote will meet the customers' application and operational needs;
- Prepare customer quotations for instrumentation and analytical solutions that are on time, technically accurate, commercially verified, offering the best all-round solution;
- Follow-up on quotations with customers as agreed with Outside Sales;
- Understand and work in team project form for more complex requests;
- Negotiate sales orders within agreed delegation of authority;
- Ensure purchase orders are commercially complete and accurate before processing for order entry;
- Provide advice on technical solutions to customers and colleagues;
- Communicate with manufacturing locations for queries regarding lead-time, specials, etc.;
- Provide after-sales service to customers;
- Plan to have the opportunity to have time for direct sales to customers;
- Attend customer meetings, including customer site visits;
- Attend relevant technical and commercial trainings as required to maintain a high level of product and process knowledge;
- Ensure that all transactions are screened and filed in accordance with the Company's Trade Compliance procedures and to escalate all questions to the local Gate keeper.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Automation or Instrumentation is preferred;
- Preferably 1-2 years' experience in a similar role within the process industry;
- Very good Excel and other computer skills are a beneficial;
- Interest in innovation & technology and good technical understanding;
- Fluent English and Finnish are mandatory.