We are looking for an experienced and growth-oriented,
Project Manager, Innovation Works
to join the Marimekko Innovation Works team in Helsinki HQ to support us in reaching our ambitious sustainability targets.
As our Project Manager, you will contribute to the development of material and dying innovations, new service and business models, new production and business process innovations by cross-functionally managing projects end-to-end. You will work with an agile team and solve complex tasks in a fast-moving environment.
You will join our multidisciplinary team in our HQ office in Helsinki. This is a full-time position, in which you will report to our Head of Innovation Works.
- Take ownership and drive cross-functional projects end-to-end, developing and driving full project plans, and managing stakeholders throughout.
- Overcome obstacles, identify, and remove bottlenecks and push the projects to success with a collaborative and solution-oriented mindset.
- Thrive the ability to solve business challenges and ensure transparency around project status and efficiently aligning all stakeholders with a strong focus on facilitating collaboration, resource planning and decision-making.
- Support prioritization and resourcing based on objectives and needs of the strategy and business objectives and in alignment with the steering group committee.
- Help implement new and improve existing project management practices, empowering colleagues to utilize these practices.
- Manage contracts with partners by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
To succeed in the role, you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cross-functional project management.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills to succeed in a multidisciplinary innovation environment.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Clear and well-structured communication with the team, stakeholders, and the steering group committee, throughout all stages of project execution.
- Ability to work comfortably with the wide range of individuals cross-functionally at multiple levels.
- Experience with budgets and financial aspects of growth business.
- True passion for advancing innovation and new business models and processes in fashion and design.
- Team player attitude, looking to lend a hand when needed.
- Fluent in English (mandatory).
- International experience preferred.
- Degree in Economics, Engineering or its equivalent.
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves and value diversity. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we might be able to offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment with one of the most iconic lifestyle brands.
If all this sparks your interest and you feel like you are the one we are looking for, please send your application including your CV and cover letter with salary expectation via our career site at http://company.marimekko.com/careers. We will start the interviews already during the application period so please, let us hear from you as soon as possible but no later than on Monday July 25th. For more information about the role, please contact Suvi-Elina Enqvist, Head of Innovation Works on Friday July 8th between 11-12.00 EET at +358 40 707 8491.