Industry Renewal Lead, Smart Energy Systems
We are launching a new, fascinating role to drive the creation of future customer solutions. If you are enthusiastic in developing smart energy systems towards sustainability and applying the latest technologies, this will be something for you!
The energy system is in a significant transition driven by major global challenges and enabled by new technologies. Do you feel passion to solve the challenges of smart energy systems and create growth opportunities to make a difference for business, society and people?
At VTT we have a long experience in developing of energy systems and providing solutions and services for the industry, utilities and regulators. We are able to put together a wide range of solutions addressing the whole energy value chain. Our expertise ranges from detailed technologies to system solutions, and from services to market operations. We contribute for instance to system integration, development of demand response and aggregator business models, integration of different energy carriers as well as optimization and management methodologies for energy systems.
- Transforming customers´ needs into systemic future solutions together with our experts, partners and customers
- Managing the development process of solutions leading to implementation
- Building and fostering industrial ecosystemic collaborations.
Your profile and experience
- Understanding of smart energy systems as a whole and impact of global trends
- Experience and knowledge of smart energy systems, renewable energy sources, demand side management, smart grids, and latest development in ICT and connectivity technologies for future smart energy solutions
- Experience in leading challenging projects
- Ability to collaborate successfully with key players
- Strong and wide work experience, min. 5-10 years, from industry
- MSc in a relevant field
- Professional English and Finnish language skills (spoken and written).
As a person you are
- Passionate for innovation and technology
- Pro-active and collaborative team-player with the ability to form and inspire teams
- Customer-focused with a business mind-set
- Able to see the big picture, to formulate systemic solutions from different building blocks, and to build the bridge from planning to implementation
- Self-driven and ambitious with a “can-do” attitude.
- Opportunity to advance the global industry renewal and growth together with top international partners
- Challenge-driven work and great learning opportunities
- Inspiring working environment with enthusiastic, highly skilled colleagues and enabling high-tech test facilities
For further information
Please contact Erja Turunen (EVP, Smart Industry and Energy Systems) on 11.8. between 16.30 - 17.30, 14.8. between 12 - 13, 18.8. between 16 - 17 or 20.8. between 15 - 16 Helsinki time.
We look forward to hearing from you: Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by August 24 at the latest.
The job is located either in Espoo, Tampere or Oulu.
Apply between 11 August 2020 and 24 August 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Regular