Industry Renewal Lead, Mobility and Transport
We are launching a new, fascinating role to drive the creation of future customer solutions. If you are enthusiastic in developing the transport sector towards sustainability and applying the newest technologies, this will be something for you!
Mobility of people and transport of goods is in a significant transition driven by major global challenges. Do you feel passion to solve the challenges and create growth opportunities to make a difference for business, society and people? Do you get inspired by networking towards building innovation ecosystems and partnerships both nationally and internationally?
Research Area Mobility and transport
The Mobility and Transport research area focuses on top research for the transition of the transport sector. The key activities are in:
- automated transport
- user-oriented digital services for mobility
- emission-free and carbon-neutral energy solutions for transport.
We look at transport as a system and through impact assessment we evaluate and analyze new technologies and phenomena. We develop and validate technologies for:
- vehicles and marine vessels
- combustion engines
- electric and hybrid drives
- fuel cells
- advanced fuels and hydrogen.
In addition to a wide variety of land transport, we apply our research to marine applications, where also arctic and harsh environments are considered. The research area is formed by nine research teams and comprises of altogether 120 professional researchers of the transport domain.
- Transforming customers´ needs together with our experts, partners and customers into systemic future transport solutions
- Managing solutions’ development process leading to implementation
- Building new industrial ecosystemic collaborations.
Your profile and experience
- Understanding of the transport sector and impact of global trends
- Experience and knowledge of some of the emerging technologies relevant to the field, e.g. novel transport technologies, traffic management systems, situational awareness, transport related data and digital services for mobility
- Experience from leading challenging projects
- Ability to collaborate successfully with the key players of the transport sector
- Strong and wide work experience, min. 5-10 years, from industry
- MSc in relevant field
- Professional English and Finnish language skills (spoken and written).
As a person you are
- Passionate for innovation and technology
- Pro-active and collaborative team-player with the ability to form and inspire teams
- Customer- focused with a business mind-set
- Able to see the big picture and build the bridge from planning to implementation
- Self-driven and ambitious with a “can-do” attitude.
Opportunity to advance global industry renewal and growth together with top international partners
- Challenge-driven work and great learning opportunities
- Inspiring working environment with enthusiastic, highly skilled colleagues and enabling high-tech test facilities.
For further information
Please contact Erja Turunen (EVP, Smart Industry and Energy Systems) on 11.8. between 16.30 - 17.30, 14.8. between 12 - 13, 18.8. between 16 - 17 or 20.8. between 15 - 16 Helsinki time.
We look forward to hearing from you: Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by August 24 at the latest.
The job is located either in Espoo, Tampere or Oulu.
Apply between 10 August 2020 and 24 August 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Regular