Tampere University of Applied Sciences is seeking for three Impact Area Leaders for our new cross-cutting impact areas. These three impact areas operate on university level with tight collaboration with our seven faculties and their experts.
The impact areas will be the initiators and key developers of our research and development activities, targeting to significant increase in both ambition, impact and volume of our R&D. Other important tasks are industry, business and community engagement and ecosystem development.
Cooperation within the Tampere University Community is an important part, with eg. joint R&D initiatives, technology platforms and co-creation activities. The impact areas are also active participants in developing new elements for our educational offering and service sales.
The impact areas are targeted to developing 1) learning capabilities in modern work environments and international networks, 2) adaptation of emerging technologies and 3) ecological innovations and social challenges.
The positions are filled from 1 January 2020 onwards as permanent positions.
Impact Area Leader's responsibilities
• in charge of developing the impact area in the fields of R&D, innovation, service sales and education
• acts in close cooperation with the faculties of TAMK in a matrix organization
• develops multidisciplinary co-creation activities
• actively seeks and generates national and international networks and cooperation
• builds and enhances cooperation within the Tampere University Community
• Master's Degree (or Doctoral) in relevant field
• fluent English, and preferably ability to communicate in Finnish
• target-oriented and proactive approach in working
• ability to operate in a complex and dynamic environment
• expertise in research and development work in multidisciplinary teams
• ability to recognize emerging themes and agility to act
• good team building and collaboration skills, also in international contexts
• track record in successful R&D funding
Tampere University of Applied Sciences and Tampere
University form a unique higher education community
that is a meeting place for leading experts in technology,
health and society. As a university of applied sciences,
we educate experts for working life and invest in efficacious
research, development and innovation activities.