ICT Support Officer
We are a fast growing and innovative company with a mission to lead the transformation into a more digital and sustainable tomorrow. At Normet everyone is provided with opportunities to reach their full potential, valuing the differences of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Normet IT organization is a critical contributor for Normet future success and transformation. Normet IT integrates processes, systems and data jointly with sales and business lines in digitizing the core operations via technology and information which enables better customer service and new digital business opportunities.
IT Service delivery team is responsible for Global Normet IT support. It is accountable for end user IT hardware and Business application support. In order to support Normet future success it is time to strengthen the team. We are hiring ICT Support Officer role located at Iisalmi, Finland. Position will be a part of Global IT organization.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Act as 1st level software and hardware support for business end users on-site and remotely
- Support network & IT infra including configurations, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Troubleshoot problems with computers including hardware and software, e-mail, printers, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Offer timely and courteous help and assistance to resolve any issues, implement solutions or notify outsource providers as required.
- Create new user accounts and installations for new staff members.
- Provide end user training for new staff member or when new applications or processes are introduced, or additional training need is identified
- Participate in IT related process development
- Ensure high service quality to our end-users
To succeed in this role, you have
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Relevant and recent experience in general computer installation, network and server administration and helpdesk support services
- Strong problem-solving skills and a capability to perceive dependencies
- Positive ‘can-do’ and ‘hands-on’ attitude
- Basic understanding of IT Security
- Basic understanding of ITIL foundation
- Willingness to work with internal and external co-workers in multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to work outside of business hours during the network / server configurations when required
- Good communication skills in English and customer service-oriented mindset
We offer you a unique and challenging role to use your skills and competence to shape Normet future and to be part of the strong ICT transformation. This is a truly global opportunity allowing you to work in a dynamic international environment with number of different professionals.
For additional information, please contact Head of IT service delivery, Arto Lappalainen, email@example.com, +358408257945.
We welcome your application with salary request and CV by 31 August, 2020. Position will be filled when suitable candidate is found, so don't wait until last minute with your application.
Join us in helping our customers to build the safest workplaces underground!