We are looking for
ICT PROJECT MANAGER
for Group Services ICT Project Management Office (PMO), where you will work with the team of experienced and knowledgeable Project Managers.
Our team works as trusted companion for Metsä Group’s different business areas and leads projects with high professional attitude from early preparing and planning phase until project closure. Project Manager leads the work of experts working in different ICT and business competence areas.
We expect that Project Manager has proven practical and senior level experience in leading projects and programs, and strong knowledge in understanding different project management practices and methodologies. More often we lead also projects utilizing agile methods. We consider project management certifications as a plus. When working in Metsä Group you often have simultaneously more than one project under your responsibility where also your tolerance to manage stress is under test.
Substance knowledge and focus area for ICT Project Manager in this position is to lead ICT projects in the area of strategic investments, such as mill or product line implementations. To succeed you will need versatile skills in project management and ICT knowledge. Experience in leading MES (Mill Execution Systems) and SAP are considered as clear advantage for the applicant. We expect you to have skills in self-leadership and be a person to take initiatives. Good skills in effective communication are a must. You likely hold experience in large transformations and people change management. Knowledge and experience in forest industry helps you to succeed, but is not a must. Most important though is that you have several years of experience in complex project management positions and you are still motivated in learning new.
• Lead and manage named ICT projects in Metsä Group from planning to closure
Project Manager’s main responsibilities
• Manage ICT resources (internal/external), both leading people and managing costs
• Schedule, scope, risk and quality management in projects
• Vendor management, project procurement and project change management in complex environments
• Planning and executing project communications to the top management, including reporting and acting as secretary in different steering groups
• Project documentation in expected and required level
• Managing change with several different types of internal and external interest groups and stakeholders
• Timely planning and reporting in portfolio management tools and processes
• University or polytechnic degree
• Understanding of manufacturing and production process
• Proven and strong senior level Project Manager experience in different types of projects (complex mill/factory ICT implementations, SAP development, or MES)
• Excellent negotiations, communications and group working skills
• Service-minded personality with capability to manage also own work independently
• Readiness to travel, mainly in Metsä Group production sites
• Excellent communication skills in English. To succeed you will need to communicate fluently in Finnish language.
Seen as a plus
• Certifications in Project Management (IPMA-C, PMI-PMP or equivalent) and knowledge on agile methods (SAFe Agilist, Scrum Master or equivalent)
• Practical experience in leading agile projects, with experience on tools like Jira/Confluence
• Experience in delivering MES or SAP projects, knowledge on mill/factory automation, ICT infrastructure and different integration solutions
• Earlier experience in the forest or manufacturing industry
We offer you a challenging position in strongly developing industry sector and career development possibilities in international and financially successful company.
Is this your chance for a great opportunity to take part in developing the future of the forest industry? If you believe in renewal and want to promote the increased use of fossil-free materials, you're coming to the right place.
Can you imagine yourself having a career at Metsä? Find out!
For more information, call your future team leader Marko Siro (tel. +358 50 317 2622), who you can reach best on weekdays after 23rd November at 8-9 or 16-16:30.
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Do it as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period. Include your CV and also tell us your salary request. The search is open until 30th November 2021. Hear you soon!