HW IPR Manager, IPR Management
Form of employment: Full time, Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Legal, IPR and QEHS
Application period: Friday, May 03, 2019 - Monday, May 20, 2019
VTT Ltd is a visionary research, development and innovation company. Our mission is to drive sustainable growth by tackling the biggest global challenges of our time and turning them into growth opportunities. In our research, we aim beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to thrive. We have over 75 years of experience in top-level research and creating science-based innovations. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€ and we have 363 patens in our portfolio. VTT brings innovation and business together. www.vttresearch.com
The IPR management team is responsible for VTT:s IPR portfolio management and commercialization support. We operate as part of the Business Support function and manage both VTT’s patent and IPR license portfolios. We are also responsible for the innovation process, from the idea to technology transfer.
We are now looking for an experienced and spirited Hardware IPR Manager to join our professional and committed team.
With us you will be responsible for
- managing the hardware patent and technology license portfolio
- supporting the innovation process and IP based value creation in our Knowledge Intensive Products and Services (KIPS) business area
- supporting the business development and IPR and technology sales of IPR and technology in your portfolio in coordination with sales, research teams and research support organizations.
You will be part of the IPR Management Team with two IPR manager colleagues, three patent engineers, and three supporting IPR professionals. As a team, we typically work in close collaboration with the sales, research teams, technology managers, and other business support functions, as well as with VTT’s customers.
We expect you to have
- experience in technology sales or transfer and/or business development of new technologies
- understanding of the role of IPR investments and development as part of business development
- understanding of electronics, microelectronics and photonics based technologies and businesses, and related IPR and contracts
- basic knowledge of patent and other IPR prosecution processes
Collaboration skills are your strenght. You have the ability to focus on the essentials and motivate top researchers and various stakeholders as well as work in a timely and organized manner to meet your objectives.
As a person you are
- motivated and driven to create value based on top research
- effective communicator both internally as well as externally
- an active team player with a service minded - attitude
- capable of independent work and managing multiple tasks in parallel
- enthusiastic to work in an ambitious and international environment
We also appreciate a proactive attitude towards developing our operationand the capability to challenge things to improve the ways of working.
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of an inspiring, creative and international working environment.
Interesting opportunity to be in a key role in creating value and business with IPR and have great insight in VTT IPR and technology arsing form top-level research.
Opportunities to develop your skills within professional and committed IPR and technology transfer team.
We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks.
You will be also affecting deeply in developing continuously better way of creating value form technology and IPR. In addition, you will dealing with customers putting VTT’s unique technology and IPR in to use.
For further information
Please contact Pauli Laitinen (Team Leader, IPR Management), mobile: +358 40 181 2752 , on Tuesday 14.5.2019 between 9-11 or on Friday 17.5..2019 between 12-14.
We look forward to hearing from you: Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by May 20th at the latest.