HSSEQ (Health, Safety, Security & Quality) Manager
We are looking for a HSSEQ (Health, Safety, Security & Quality) Manager to join our Renewable Products (RP) HSSEQ team in Düsseldorf, Germany, in Espoo, Finland or in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Your part in Neste’s journey
In your role, you will
- Support and ensure that activities and programs associated with Renewable Products (RP) HSSEQ strategy are supported in the right manner and organized in daily business
- Support the implementation of the HSSEQ processes within the RP business areas, RP Production and RP Logistics & Operations and lead parts of the implementation
- Support maintaining compliance with HSSEQ processes, including planning and conducting audits and support for the further development of sufficient and effective auditing processes
- Provide expertise to analyse and report the HSSEQ performance of RP and to prioritize development areas together with the involved stakeholders
- Create and continuously develop the monthly RP HSSEQ reporting by using established tools, such as Synergi and PowerBI
- Support the further integration and continuous improvement of HSSEQ within the RP organization in daily work processes
- Collaborate with local HSSEQ and Leadership Team organizations to ensure the right level of sustainable HSSEQ performance in accordance with agreed performance plans
- Contribute actively in Neste level HSSEQ development by actively networking also with Oil Products HSSEQ experts
- Further expand, improve and consolidate the HSSEQ community at RP by establishing regular joint meetings and experience exchanges with local networks, but also with various group networks
You will work closely with the Head of HSSEQ RP to ensure in daily business that activities in the field of Health, Safety, Security, but also Environmental and Quality are handled properly to help the different business areas of RP to reach both HSSEQ and business objectives. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have a medium size team of experts working in RP HSSEQ. Our team is responsible for
- ensuring compliance with legal and internal requirements
- supporting a sustainable development of RP's HSSEQ performance towards excellence
- assisting our stakeholders to reach set targets
- accompanying the implementation of the Neste Operational Excellence Management System
We also work together with our stakeholders on interesting projects and mutually develop efficient solutions in the field of HSSEQ.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- MSc relevant to this role with at least 5 to 10 years suitable experience (e.g. HSSEQ, operations, projects) and technical expertise in the areas of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality
- Strong competence with HSSEQ knowledge and good understanding of relevant laws, regulations and internal standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and drive implementation of above mentioned issues in a key position
- Proven capability of reaching results and driving change with sustainable improvements
- Structured way of working
- Good communication skills and ability to work in English (written and oral)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and stakeholders
- Experience with proven results of working in an international organization
- Leadership and influence skills
We also value
- Operational experience e.g. in the areas of oil refining or petrochemicals operations and related HSSEQ requirements, processes and practices
- Prior experience in using management tools
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety, health and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with the Head of HSSEQ, Renewable Products Uwe Herfet (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that we will take into account only applications sent via our recruitment system.
Please submit your application including your CV and cover letter by March 7th, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination (applicable in Finland and Germany) including a drug test (applicable only in Finland). A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.