At Ahlstrom-Munksjö, we:
- Believe that zero incidents are possible and
- Empower people to eradicate all non-value added waste and match customer expectations by supporting our business with continuous improvement methodologies
To support our our growing ambition, we are now looking for a HSE Manager to join our Tampere Plant, Finland.
Purpose of the job
Healthier, safer and continuously improving work environment have positive effects on financial performance as fewer accidents, less waste, better housekeeping, higher productivity and no unwanted stoppages.
- Implement Health, Wellbeing, Safety, and Continuous Improvement as an essential part of operations in the company in compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and rules
- Implement & monitor aforementioned policies, procedures and action plans related to products, people, property and equipment in order to reach the overarching target of zero incidents along with eradicating waste
- Seamless collaboration between stakeholders and all levels of the organisation
- Establish and continuously develop the HSE management system (means, methods, resources, documents) to comply with local laws and Ahlström-Munksjö HSE policies, safety rules and life-saving rules at plant level.
- Define and implement the health and safety objectives and action plans
- Evaluate the consequences of changes on health and safety and adjust the organization, documentation, training, technical modifications and suppliers etc. accordingly
- Stakeholder management with HSE authorities and external service providers
- Lead and develop H&S and Continuous Improvement initiatives according to Ahlstrom leadership and Operations Excellence expectations (Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma)
- Support improvement of workplace in terms of H&S, housekeeping and tidiness (5S)
- Engage and coordinate the local team relative to information, training, support, control and communication
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Positive track record and experience from safety management and/or continuous improvement
- Experience from similar process industry is considered an asset but not a must
- Up-to-date knowledge about HSE legislation, trends and tools
- Excellent communication and language skills in Finnish and in English
- Business driven mindset and solution-oriented approach
- Perseverance to achieve long-term and long-lasting results in the field of HSE
We can offer you
- A position in a truly global company – with some 7,800 employees spread across 45 worldwide locations
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Smart and Diverse Work opportunities
- A variety of local benefits based on job location
- A friendly and open team
Want to know more? For more information, please contact our Tampere Plant Manager Marko Mettinen, mobile: +358 (0)50 526 2534 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Marko is available via phone on July 21st between 12:00-16:00 and August 5th 12:00-15:00.
If this sounds like you, please click APPLY and submit your application no later than August 8th, 2021.