Scope Impact Oy
Scope is now looking for HR Manager to join our team on permanent, full-time basis.
Who are we? Scope, previously M4ID, was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. We undertake assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are experts in what we do - integrated multi-disciplinary creative problem solving driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem solving.
Our HR Manager is someone who understands the value in what we do and is passionate about enabling our people and co-creation centered future. This position reports directly to the Managing Director and is part of the Leadership Team.
Who you are?
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on and positive team player to lead our HR function. This is a relatively new role with us, so there is room for your influence on all HR-related initiatives. This is why, we hope that you are someone who has very broad, generalist HR experience ideally within a small- to midsize Finnish entity/entities.
In addition we look for:
- HR or related/relevant university degree or equivalent
- Solid working knowledge and experience in working with Finnish Employment laws, regulations and practices.
- General understanding in Finnish immigration legislation and interest to assist our team members in this process.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills, including influencing and negotiation
- Ability to balance multiple priorities. Structured, fast-paced and hands- on approach and ability to get things done is a super power we look for in our ideal candidate
- Commitment to social change and shared interest in our development and health mission
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity. Previous experience in working in multicultural work environments is definitely something we consider as asset
- In-house resourcing and recruitment experience; due to the nature of our business we look for someone with strong recruitment background, candidate research skills and ability to look for the right candidates globally.
- Experience in managing co-operative board and workplace health & safety council (yhteistoiminta ja työsuojelu).
- Credited and experienced in one or more aptitude testing/selection tools and/or formats.
- Good working knowledge of Occupational Health legislation and previous experience in managing the OHS process.
- Ideally, experience working within project or consultancy environment as this helps to understand and support our managers and project leads in what they do
- Coaching experience and certification would be a great asset
- Fluency in both English and Finnish is a must, our internal language is English.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Act as the custodian to HR policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility of recruitment and resourcing, providing innovative solutions to talent attraction.
- Provide solid day-to-day HR support to all levels of the organisation whilst maintaining focus on the long-term effectiveness. At the moment, we are a team of 40+ team members.
- Lead the employee engagement survey process and facilitate follow-up and action planning.
- Take lead in all Learning & Development initiatives.
What we offer in return?
An exciting, meaningful project environment. Employment in a financially secure organisation that is flat and operates in a very co-creative style.
An opportunity to work in a truly international working environment. We are about to move into a new, well designed offices in Sörnäinen but currently still reside in beautiful Kruunuhaka.
An opportunity to shape our future and to have impact on future projects. If you are looking for meaningful leadership role in an organisation that takes great pride in what they do – we would really like to hear from you!
For our previous projects, please visit http://m4id.fi/latest/
You can find the full role descriptions at http://m4id.fi/career/hr-manager/
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English with salary expectation, using the title ‘HR Manager’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd of August.
Please note that we will start interviews as soon as we receive an application that seems like a good match.