Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: HR Director
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Requisition ID: 133694BR
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops pipettes and microplate instruments as well as develops and manufactures magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/finland.
How will you make an impact?
You will contribute to our company’s success by providing professional HR leadership and support, to our employees and leaders. We are looking for a person who can see across many areas and can understand the dynamics of our business and possess the business and financial acumen to assess and communicate how HR strategies impact the Company strategy. You will play a focal role across a diverse functional demographic compromising Quality/Regulatory, Manufacturing, Customer Services, Marketing, Sales,
Finance and IT. With your confident, independent and engaging manner you will navigate well in our complex matrix structure and advise and lead colleagues in an effective and inspiring way. The position is responsible for all employees in Finland which includes our sites in Vantaa and Joensuu.
What will you do?
- Ensures alignment of HR processes with business/site strategic and operating goals
- Provides leadership and supervision to the HR Field Team through coaching and development.
- Member of the cross-functional Senior Leadership Team at the Vantaa site
- Leads or participates in projects or initiatives as part of the regional HR Leadership team to implement and embed HR transformation or country priorities.
- Provides leadership in, and promotion of, a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture by being an advocate for employees while achieving a balance with all levels of company goals
- Provide coaching and feedback to managers on their leadership capabilities, talent management activities including performance management, training and development, organisational capability assessment, strategy and planning.
- Partner with HR Platforms (COE’s) to facilitate annual calibration and compensation planning processes, prepare for talent reviews, and provide development opportunities
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Platform to drive sourcing and recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels and execution of the new employee on-boarding activities.
- Partner with Platforms and Divisional Business HR Partners to develop and implement change initiatives within your sites to drive organisational alignment and effective human resource utilisation.
- Establish ‘a great place to work culture’ and drive employee engagement by: analyzing trends and developing site-specific engagement strategies; ensuring appropriate employee value proposition; partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications; influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans; and supporting a culture of care and dare. Lead and implement strategies for maintaining a positive and engaging working environment.
- Be the country ambassador for employee and Industrial relations. Ensure relevant Information & Consultations steps are taken, and collaborate, negotiate, and communicate with the local Works Council and the unions.
How will you get here?
- Progressive leadership experience in Human Resources, including significant line management, change management and project management.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering within a matrix organisation.
- HR partnering experience across a range of functions/client groups ideally with multi-site experience. Being a strong networked HR professional.
- Experience of working within a HR Ulrich Model Structure.
- Ability to quickly build and sustain relationships with a range of stakeholders of all levels
- Results oriented and passionate about adding value through people processes.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the business management team that provides company leadership and direction, preferably in an international environment. Easy to connect with and being a very invited person at all levels.
- Must have the ability to challenge and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge and experience and application of Finland employment law, union negotiations, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organized and positive.
- Dares to speak up; leads instead of waits. Honest and open, direct and respecting.
- Analytical, experienced in working with data, root cause analysis and prioritizing action.
- Happy with travelling up to 20% of the time.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English via our careers website http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 133694BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.