HR Coordinator (Global Network)
Finland is one of the most innovative, best-educated countries in the world, and recently named the happiest country in the world for the fourth year in a row (report by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network).
Business Finland is a global leader in international trade promotion, investment, export, tourism and innovation. With more than 600 experts working in 55 offices in 35 countries, we are a catalyst for corporate and economic growth.
Business Finland generates growth and wellbeing by helping companies to grow faster, go global and develop innovations. At the same time, we create dynamic innovation environments that attract international companies, know-how and investments to Finland. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
If you are looking for world-class opportunities with stimulating challenges, join us in creating new success stories and shaping the future of international business.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator to work in an international environment, supporting HR colleagues, managers and employees working primarily in Business Finland’s Global Network.
In this role, you will join Business Finland’s HR team, part of the Renewal Service Area, enabling business to succeed in their role of helping companies innovate and go global. As an administrative backbone this role is pivotal in ensuring smooth HR operations both within the HR team and for BFers working abroad. The main purpose of this position is the coordination of global network’s employment matters, with a variety of other HR support tasks.
This is a permanent position situated in our Ruoholahti office, with a flexible hybrid model of working in the future.
- Coordination of our global network’s day-to-day payroll operations;
- acting as a contact person for various vendors
- providing and updating information for our vendors
- proactive case-resolution together with our vendors
- invoice processing and approvals
- Coordination of practicalities related to our expatriate processes such as contract preparation, expat accommodation, insurances, health care etc.
- Coordination of practicalities related short-term assignments and to country relocation
- Act as a back-up and substitute for the key user of our HR system Sympa
- HR data reporting through Sympa according to the needs
- Provide recruitment support
- Act as a part of our travel administration team (e.g. tasks regarding travel security)
- Assisting the HR team in other HR processes and projects from calendar management to content creation
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
You are a person who thinks big, gets excited and shows passion. You are persistent. Problems are opportunities for you, and you thrive on challenge. You reason and communicate your views comprehensively, if necessary boldly. You are willing to learn and share knowledge with others. You are proud of your work in an expert organization, your co-workers and your employer. You are your own boss, who helps, listens to, appreciates and inspires others. For you, networking means continuous development and new, fresh perspectives. You believe in cooperation and you value people. You know when to thank them and when to give constructive feedback. You are able to document and communicate your targets, progress and results of your work.
In order to succeed with us, you should have:
- 3-5 years of experience in similar HR coordination roles and adequate understanding of employment practicalities
- Experience from international working environments and understanding of global mobility area is considered as an asset
- Experience with HR systems, experience with Sympa is considered as an asset
- Curiosity and a “Sherlock Holmes” –attitude and approach towards challenges
- Fluency in Finnish and in English (written and spoken)
In this role attitude is key. Genuine interest to find solutions to any given problem and committing to the completion of tasks with Sisu, one of BF’s four values, are essential in ensuring high-quality HR enablement of our Global Network operations. The role benefits from a systematic working style combined with good collaboration skills and a service-minded approach. We also hope you have a curious mindset and the ability to think one step ahead, as these will help you to thrive in this multifaceted position.
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
We offer you a meaningful position in a unique organization with a truly international environment, doing your part to enable the work of Business Finland’s representatives abroad. You will be supported by our highly professional and caring HR team, consisting of e.g. HR Business Partners and concept owners in areas such as talent development, employment law and HRD.
Business Finland provides an overview of the business environment in Finland, and the entire world. Together we help Finnish companies go international and enhance the attractiveness of the Finnish competitive environment. Our actions have a significant impact on the future of Finland. Being a part of our international and multicultural work environment, you will learn about a great variety of industries. Working in a versatile organization, you can take part in a wide variety of projects and tasks, supporting your learning.
For more information please contact Laura Ylä-Sulkava, Executive Director, Renewal, +358 50 551 1666 on Friday 15.10. at 15-16 pm or Tuesday 19.10. at 16-17 pm.
Please send your application and CV latest on 31.10.2021 via the system. Please make sure you click “save” on each attachment separately to secure that they are properly attached. We will only consider applications with CV and application letter attachments.
Please note that in Business Finland we must operate in a responsible and fair manner. Secondary employment or some other commitments might jeopardize the impartiality of our operations and hence form an obstacle for employment at Business Finland. Further information: Guidelines on Affiliations
As part of the recruitment process, we will be carrying out a security clearance check on a successful candidate with his/her consent in accordance with the Security Clearance Act 726/2014. For more information on security clearance procedure and individual’s rights, please visit https://supo.fi/en/personnel-security-clearances