To support and strengthen our HR team in Helsinki we are looking for a collaborative and proactive
HR Business Partner
for a full-time and fixed-term maternity leave replacement.
We offer you a unique environment and business to work within a truly international environment. You will get a possibility to effect on your role and opportunity to develop yourself and grow professionally within a wide range of versatile HR tasks. In addition, we ensure you committed and supportive work community and colleagues and competitive salary and benefit packages.
As HR Business Partner you play a pivotal role in partnering with the Country Managing Directors and Managers and being the representative of people for the Nordic & Baltic region, total of 8 countries. You are the first point of contact and responsible for the people in Nordic and Baltic countries both in the Head Offices and Refund Offices. You lead and support a small HR team, located in Helsinki. You are part of Global Blue HR Leaderships Team and work closely with other HR Business Partners in the Group. You report to Group HR Director and dotted line to Regional COO.
Main duties and responsibilities
As HR Business Partner you will be overall responsible for:
- Partnering and providing first line support for advice and coaching to Country Managing Directors and Managers
- Guiding the Managers in order to resolve the matters informally as well as to help them identify matters that will need to be addressed formally
- Supporting in HR Group projects and initiatives and launch & promote the projects in Nordics & Baltics
- Setting up the HR legal governance for the 8 countries of responsibility, including eg. reviewing and rolling out the HR audit, handbooks and HR processes
- Being an active collaborator and colleague in the Global Blue HR Leaderships Team
- Supporting and supervising small HR team, located in Helsinki
- Managing employment related processes (e.g., onboarding, probation review, exit)
- Providing support for advice and coaching to employees and managers regarding all employee relations queries with fairness and legal compliance
- Guide managers through all stages of the HR processes
- Handle complex employee relations cases with the support from Group HR Director
- Manage employee engagement initiatives
- Implement new contracts and handbooks for the countries
- Support and check the monthly payroll process for 4 countries
- Review and manage the health and safety guidelines and updates for all the countries
- Health & Safety Manager responsibilities at Helsinki office
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to write job descriptions and job ads for current openings
- Responsible of attraction of candidates, placing adverts on suitable portals, using in house applicant tracking system and external providers where necessary.
- Ensuring new candidates are processed in a timely manner.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with Recruitment Partners and agencies
- Interviews of the candidates both, individually and together with the Hiring Managers
- Manage and ensure a smooth recruitment process
- Prepare management reports on employee-related data to assist with the management and development of staff
- Manager Development: Partners with Group HR Director and other HRBPs on initiatives to improve manager skills and knowledge
- Trainings: Identify training needs and partners with Group HR Director and other HRBPs on initiatives concerning trainings
- Responsible for regularly reviewing the administrative processes ensuring alignment with other HRBPs and identifying efficiencies and areas for improvement
- Keeps up to date on key changes that may affect HR, understands current trends, best practice and innovations
- Work effectively with all teams, companies and associates to ensure consistency, efficiency, professionalism and effective communication
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Key competencies and skills
To succeed in this role, you have:
- An understanding of employment laws as well as general HR policies and practices
- Sensitivity and discretion in providing advice
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- A strong emphasis on accuracy and quality of work
- Highly organized and pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines as well as balance priorities to achieve results
- A high level of personal drive and self-motivation with an ability to work under own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands within the company
- Competent oral and written communication skills, both in Finnish and English
- Good level of IT literacy is essential along with experience using Microsoft packages, familiarity with databases and current software packages
Business Knowledge and Educational Background
- 5+ years of experience working in HR field
- Educated to Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- HR, Employment Law or relevant Qualification
- Experience of working in an international environment
If you recognize yourself as the candidate we are looking for, don’t hesitate to apply. Please send your application (with CV and cover letter including your salary request) as soon as possible. We are reviewing the applications and having the discussions with the candidates continuously and will fill the position when we find a suitable candidate. For further information, please contact Global Blue HR Business Partner Mira Lerssi tel. 050 461 8808 or HRS Advisors consultant Jenny Blom-Järvinen tel. 040 757 4348.