Health & Safety Manager / Lantmännen Unibake, Helsinki
Let's reimagine your career!
Lantmännen Unibake is an international bakery group that produces frozen and fresh bakery products for professional kitchens and retail market in 36 modern bakeries all over the world. Lantmännen Unibake has an international turnover of 1.1 billion euros and employs 6000 people in 20 countries. Our products are fresh when consumers need them, regardless of time or continent. Our goal is to make bread a profitable business for our customers with quality products and top-of-the-line solutions that are produced in a responsible and sustainable manner and meet high food safety standards. Our customers include supermarkets, fast food chains and central stores, and our brands include Vaasan, Schulstad Bakery Solutions, Hatting and Bonjour.
Lantmännen Unibake's Finland and Baltics cluster, headquartered in Salmisaari Helsinki, has bakeries in Joutseno and Petikko, Finland and in Saue Estonia. Cluster's annual turnover is over 100 million euros, and it employs over 400 people in Finland and the Baltic countries. More information at www.lantmannen-unibake.fi.
Are you our
Health & Safety Manager
with an appetite for more?
Lantmännen Unibake wants to build a culture of H&S excellence and grow our leaders to develop their people and drive H&S excellence. What we need now is a new role of Health & Safety Manager who reports to HR Director and works also in close collaboration with Operations Excellence Manager to build a H&S culture and grow all employees and leaders to become confident problem solvers and H&S owners. Are you familiar with the best practices in H&S processes? Would you like to help us to build a world class culture of H&S Excellence? If you said yes, this is your opportunity!
Your tasks in a bun
- You support the H&S Committee in development and deployment of the business unit's health and safety roadmap and objectives
- You act as coach towards managers, empowering them in how to build H&S into daily life of their teams and support them in progression to the next H&S maturity level
- You work alongside managers and employees to identify hazards in the work place and through constructive feedback to make corrective actions or initiates to minimize the risks
- You conduct regular H&S audits to ensure routine H&S activities and checks are carried out, e.g. review of risk assessments
- You ensure that all working practices are safe and complies with legislation and Unibake min. requirements, processes and best practices
- You ensure accurate and up to date H&S reporting according to legal requirements and Unibake global principles
- Depending on your past experience and interests, this role could also include occupational health and wellbeing at work responsibilities.
This is what you need to have to succeed
- Deep knowledge and solid experience of legislation and current best practice in health and safety
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and coaching skills
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Academic degree or the equivalent
- Fluent in Finnish and English
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office
- Frequent traveling to our bakeries
This is what we offer you
First and foremost we are a career bakery, kneading your professional development like the best bread dough. In our business we encourage your growth and ask you to challenge us, as well as yourself. We are a group of dedicated individuals with a passion for baked goods and appetite for more. In this position we offer you a job in an exciting environment with diverse projects. We are a committed team that is located in Petikko, Vantaa, in Joutseno, in Helsinki Salmisaari and in Saue, Estonia. In this role you will benefit from working with both local and international teams and with a network of professionals in the Baltics and Finland. Are you one of us?
None are safe until all are safe!
Apply to job by sending an application in English via the application button and attach your CV with expected salary. The last application date for the role is on 15th of January 2021.
For further information please contact HR & Communications Director Elena Rokala, tel. +358 50 377 7571 or MPS Consultant, Nina Kalajoki, tel. 020 746 9413.