Health and Safety Specialist
Wärtsilä Corporate Relations and Sustainability team is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Specialist. As the Health & Safety specialist, you will have a key role in developing and ensuring an exemplary health and safety culture within Wärtsilä, and striving Wärtsilä towards the Zero Injury goal. In your position, you will work closely with global and business EHS professionals to develop and implement group wide health & safety programs, to further support the work towards Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, that can only be achieved together.
The location for this position is Helsinki, Finland and you will be working in a team headed by the Director for Corporate Relations and Sustainability.
Working as Health & Safety Specialist at Wärtsilä, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing global health & safety programs
- Co-ordinating and delivering Train the Trainer sessions for safety culture training programs
- Developing and providing global safety communications and campaigns
- Providing guidance and technical support for global safety tools (e.g. incident reporting & investigation system)
- Analyzing global health and safety data to assess challenges and opportunities, and to develop approaches to control
- Supporting the organization by applying your in-depth health & safety knowledge to offer solutions and advice
- Personally driving the implementation of global health & safety initiatives, working closely together with businesses
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have
- B.Sc. or M.Sc degree in Health/Safety/Environmental field
- Seven (7) years demonstrated safety experience within similar industry / organization
- A proven ability to implement innovative safety programs and sustain improved results
- Expert knowledge on safety culture, behavior based safety and leadership programs, as well as on occupational health & safety management practices and tools
- Excellent communication, team working and training skills
- Capability to establish professional relationships, to cooperate and communicate in a cross-functional, global environment
- Strong results orientation
- Confidence to work independently and be a self-starter
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Readiness to travel (travel expectancy 10%)
Why you and us?
By joining us, you will get to work in an international work environment in a challenging position. This position and our company offers you a great opportunity for personal development. We have a strong safety-oriented culture and we drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. We foster openness, respect and trust. In addition to joining a great, global team with specialists in their own fields, you get to work in fresh, activity-based work premises at Wärtsilä Helsinki Campus (video linked here).
You can already now meet one of the EHS experts at Wärtsilä, through reading the story of Ville Sulonen, Development Manager, EHS on how he is working to keep Wärtsilä safe and sustainable: click here for the story and another one here.
For further information on the Health & Safety Specialist position, please contact:
Ville.Sulonen, Development Manager, EHS
Phone: +358 40 350 7492 (please note the times to call: 29 August 13.30-15.00 EET, 3 September 9.00-11.00 EET or 5 September 9.00-11.00 EET)
Last application date: 15/09/2019