Health and Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
We are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join our Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (QEHS) organization. Your responsibility is to take ownership of the overall Health & Safety work in Vaisala. You have solid experience in health & safety work from industrial environment and you are expert in building proactive safety culture.
You will be reporting to Group Director of Quality, Environment, Health and Safety and you will steer your own global Health & Safety team with 3 experts around the world. The position is based at Vaisala’s headquarters in Vantaa with flexible remote work possibilities.
Your key responsibilities include
- Act as a team leader to our global H&S team
- OHS management system (ISO 45001) maintenance and development
- Internal and external H&S reporting
- Support on sites, especially in Vantaa operations
- Act as statutory occupational safety and health manager and employer representative in occupational safety and health collaboration in Finland
- Compliance obligations e.g. governmental regulation follow-up, compliance evaluation and planning/implementing necessary corrective actions
- Internal H&S auditing
Our offer to you
- You would get a change to join our mission to build a strong culture for safety at work. We are already ISO-certified on this matter and that gives us a good base to build on.
- The QEHS team of 15, where you would be joining, is performing well and members are motivated experts in their field
- We welcome you to join an environment where learning and continuous self-development is highly valued.
- According to our team members, also the balance with work and the life outside of it is on a healty level
Who we are looking for
- To be successful in this position, we are searching for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Strong professional background in health & safety and willingness to constantly develop your own competence further
- Good knowledge of health & safety legislation especially in Finland and understanding of ISO 45001 requirements
- Proactive “can do” attitude for developing culture, processes & practices and willingness to coach your colleagues
- Good communication skills and ability to sell your ideas
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study
For more information please contact Jorma Lammila, Director of QEHS +358407782636 on October 18th at 15.00-16.30 EET.
Please submit your online application with CV by October 31th 2021.