Health and Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
We are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join our Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (QEHS) organization.
Your responsibility is to take ownership of the overall Health & Safety work in Vaisala. You have solid experience in health & safety work from industrial environment and you are expert in building proactive safety culture.
You will be reporting to Group Director of Quality and you will steer your own global Health & Safety team with 3 experts around the world. The position is based at Vaisala’s headquarters in Vantaa.
Your key responsibilities include
- Act as a team leader to our global H&S team
- OHS management system (ISO 45001) maintenance and development
- Internal and external H&S reporting
- Support on sites, especially in Vantaa operations
- Act as statutory occupational safety and health manager and employer representative in occupational safety and health collaboration in Finland
- Compliance obligations e.g. governmental regulation follow-up, compliance evaluation and planning/implementing necessary corrective actions
- Internal H&S auditing
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this position, we are searching for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study
- Strong background and willingness to learn more about health & safety
- Proactive “can do” attitude for developing culture, processes, and practices in a complex environment
- Ability to prioritize your own work and to see the big picture in a quite versatile environment
- Good communication skills. Ability to sell ideas and to take a stand but without being too unconditional
- Willingness to train and coach people
- Good knowledge of health & safety legislation especially in Finland
- Understanding of ISO 45001 requirements
- Ability to manage global team
For more information please contact Jorma Lammila, Director of Quality +358407782636 on August 2nd at 15-16 EET or August 3rd at 15-16 EET.
Please submit your online application with CV and salary request by August 8th 2021.
What we offer
Our innovative high-tech business provides opportunities for curious challenge-seekers to make a real difference.
As a part of our global team you can contribute with science and technology to solve the big environmental and societal challenges of our time.