Head of Warranty and Services Programs, Nordics
AIG Europe S.A.
Are you interested in a position in a dynamic and international setting? We are currently looking for a Head of Warranty and Service Programs to join one of our Nordics offices in Sweden, Finland, Norway or Denmark.
Warranty and Service Programs is a product line within General Insurance, specialized in providing accidental damage insurance and extended warranty for a variety of Consumer goods, including but not limited to electronic devices and mobile phones, brown and white goods, sports goods and medical devices. We are involve with a number of supplementary insurance products including Bank NAC programs. The products are normally sold via affinity partners such as mobile operators, retailers and financial institutions.
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
About the role
The WSP manager is responsible for both managing existing portfolio, ensuring proper reporting and profitability, and growing the relationship with new sponsors, leading to binding and onboarding of new opportunities. Responsibilities also include building and implementing strategy for the area, pipeline management with the team and with other consumer product lines, ensuring compliance with internal policies and local legislation, product development, and of course engage with various key stakeholders.
WSP Nordics is a small team of currently 4 people. With a limited but nimble team, WSP manager will have responsibility for own accounts and development of new accounts as well. We currently work with top tier Nordic companies and are looking to expand this position in a profitable way.
The role will report to Europe Head of Warranty and Service Programs, who is based in France and be part of the Nordic Consumer Leadership Team in the Nordics.
Skills & Experience:
University education with, preferably, an insurance experience in affinity type business, creativity and proactivity necessary to be able to engineer the programs from scratch. Dynamic, motivated and able to create relationship with internal and external stakeholders creating a resilient business environment. In addition,
- Ability to read and analyze P&L statements with an understanding of the key performance indicators and understanding on the drivers behind.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and multiple distribution systems
- Strong execution and results orientation
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and gain commitment and trust from direct reports and colleagues
- Unwavering discipline
- Ability to be a inspire leader a small but nimble team
- Strong communication (oral and written) and influencing skills and proven ability to collaborate and work across multiple areas of the organization
Your contribution at AIG
As a People Manager and Leader, you make the difference in an employee’s experience at work. Great managers provide direction, motivate and grow talent. They empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance. You are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
The primary purpose of the job is to:
- Direct accountability for the underwriting results with respect to profitability and loss ratio
- Responsible for the quality of the underwriting practice, risk selection and pricing performance
- Responsible for the achievement of growth objectives
- Implement and execute on underwriting best practices and guidelines to ensure rating and pricing adequacy
- Apply framework of Underwriting Authority and manage the delegation of authority to Product underwriters
- Review new and renewal underwriting referrals and provide timely approval or modifications
- Ensure effective utilization of monitoring standards including quality reviews to assess proper premium earnings, underwriting results and loss ratios
- Develop and implement action plans based on audit recommendations and findings
- Responsible for the operational execution of the underwriting process, including service levels, error rates, customer satisfaction, and underwriting leakage rates
- Liaise with operations, systems, legal, claims, FP&A and other functions to ensure awareness of underwriting activities that require support and service
- Support the development of new products and/or product enhancements. Create and/or approve policy wording including terms, conditions and limits
- Ensure that compliance related queries are being responded to in appropriate manner and that legal and compliance are engaged
- Partner with Global Product Underwriting Officer and Consumer Business Training on the development of Product technical training and underwriting L&D programs.
- Build technical training requirements into career development plans for team members.
Submit your application via our online recruiting portal as soon as possible, but not later than the 29th of July, in our online recruitment portal.
Applications are processed and interviews are carried out continuously. We cannot guarantee processing of applications received outside of the recruitment portal.
If you have any questions about the position or recruitment process, please contact
- Patrice Duchaine, Head of Service Programs, EMEA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camilla Westh, HRBP Nordics, +45 91325147, email@example.com
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.