Head of VA Own Product BusinessValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Who we are and what we do?
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally 4.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle business line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Here’s where you’ll make an impact:
The Head of VA Own Product Business will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling Industrial Business Unit related activities. He/She will be responsible for the overall management and development of the Industrial BU in accordance with the company's targets.
As a member of the management participates in the short- and long-term planning and development of the company as well as key projects/investments planning and execution. As a key member of the EVBL Management team, the Head of VA Own Product Business will report to the SVP, EVBL and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic objectives.
- Cooperate with other departments and supporting functions to ensure that the operational, financial, and strategical objectives and customer needs are achieved.
- Develop and implement profitable growth strategy for new Industrial Business Unit
- Lead the execution of strategy.
- Lead and develop the sales and product management, SCM, project and aftermarket organizations towards its targets.
- Design and develop the best practices for strategy implementation and continuous renewal across the BU.
- Found the supplier and service/aftermarket portfolio and coverage.
- Analyze and benchmark industry competitors.
- Analyze market, application requirements and business opportunities for the industrial applications development of the company as well as key projects/investments planning and execution.
- Drive measurement systems and incentives to ensure progress in line with strategy and expected milestones.
- Develop and plan objectives, both long-range and short-range, which have an impact on the growth in sales and margin.
- Lead an international team.
- Talent acquisition, development, and safety development of the BU personnel according to VA policies and practices.
- Ensure Business ethics and compliance with statutory obligations in all areas of BU activities.
- Partner with engineering, operations, finance, EHSQ, ICT and HR leaders
- Proactive member of EVBL Management Team.
- Perform any other duties maybe assigned by the CEO as and when needed.
We hope that you would have:
- Preferably MSc Degree in relevant Technology field or Business Economics.
- Seasoned business leader with 12+ years B2B business experience in international customer base including industrial experience.
- Responsible leadership roles, preferably in manufacturing, project business, sales & product development in fast spacing environment.
- Experience with Commercial strategy and sales and SCM, developing and implementing a growth strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- We are looking for the person, who is willing to take a strong professional role and leadership in relation to internal and external parties and is committed to long-term business development.
- High-energy, highly collaborative leader with proven ability to join the team and lead the international organization in a new BU and growing market.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading and mentoring a team. Establishes bold goals and clear performance expectations.
- Display a strong sense of urgency and bias for positive action with a history of delivering results.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of SAP systems etc.
- Fluent English (and Finnish).
- In-depth knowledge of B2B operations planning, SCM, project management and sales and product development.
Simply upload your application documents via our application tool by 12.02.2023. If you’ve got the basic skills we need, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
Recruitment is done in cooperation with StaffPoint Executive. If you have any questions before you apply, Mikko Kemiläinen (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Advisor, will be happy to hear from you on +358 40 451 4156.