Head of SW Engineering Experience, Quality & Tools, Fortum Business Technology
Business Technology drives digitalization at Fortum, enabling smart solutions for customers, improved asset and trading productivity, and new data driven business models. The organization brings together technical and digital competences and solutions to help optimize Fortum’s entire value chain, create excellent customer experiences and drive new sources of revenue.
We at Fortum’s Software Development unit work to ensure a strong and fit-for-purpose software technology capability for Fortum, driving digitalization enabled efficiency and world-class customer experience while creating a workplace that sets the standard for any European company, welcoming the best people and partners to join us.
We are now looking for an experienced software engineering leader to join us in a new role focusing on developing the very cornerstone assets and elements for our software teams. In this role, you will work as part of the Software Development unit’s leadership team.
As the Head of SW Engineering Experience, Quality & Tools you will
- develop further Fortum’s software development capability to ensure that software development is of high quality and utilizes the best tools and processes
- build and lead teams of Quality Assurance (QA) engineers, testers, test managers, DevOps engineers and solution architects.
- be responsible for further developing the way Fortum works with QA and DevSecOps, making sure the software development teams have the means to deliver products and applications with great quality
- collaborate with your colleagues to ensure that the development teams have the required tools and knowledge and that they adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the strategies defined by you and your teams
- also focus on cross project governance and have a leading role in our Software Development Centre of Excellence making improvements and innovation happen
- develop the already skilled internal team (HC 10 combined FIN, POL, SWE), and in addition the external partner team (HC 10).
The role can be based in either Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden.
We would expect you to have the following qualifications
- As a person you empower your teams and lead continuous development.
- As a person you are solution-oriented with a positive can-do attitude, high energy and drive to achieve great things.
- You have proven experience leading SW Engineering, QA and/or DevOps teams working with agile development with a continuous delivery mindset.
- You have great knowledge in automated testing, CI/CD and have experience of implementing it in organizations.
- You have solid experience and understanding of modern software development and cloud technologies.
- You have completed an academic degree, M.Sc. in Computer Science or related technical/engineering discipline.
- Experience in managing technology vendors and development partners resulting in high quality delivery.
- Experience in ensuring efficient decision making & influencing in a complex matrix setup.
- Fluent in English, Finnish and/or Swedish is a plus.
At Fortum we believe in open leadership and in creating a safe and inspiring work environment and company culture that help our people thrive. We promote equal treatment and opportunities regardless of background, gender or age.
Send your application by Sunday 3rd October. For more information, please contact:
- Finland: Ville Valtonen, Senior Consultant at Momentous-Cresco (Finland), tel. +358 40 582 8838, most conveniently on Thu 23rd September at 1730- 1830 EEST or on Tue 28th September at 8 -9 EEST and Thu 30th Sept 8-9 EEST.
- Sweden: Michael Rooslien, Partner at Friisberg & Partners International, tel. +46 70 873 07 64, most conveniently on Thu 23rd September at 1730- 1830 CEST or on Mon 27th September, 8-9 CEST, Tue 28th September at 8 -9 CEST and Wed 29th Sept 9-10 CEST
- Finland: To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
- Sweden: For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00. Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä. Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf.