Fortum Consumer Solutions consists of several well-known consumer- and SME-facing businesses and brands such as Fortum, Hafslund Strøm, NorgesEnergi, Göta Energi and Kotimaan Energia. We are the largest consumer business in the Nordics, offering our ca 2.5 million customers energy related services. Through strong cross-functional collaboration, sustainability focus, as well as agile and lean working methods, we strive to make our customer’s everyday, increasingly digital, lives easier with our services.
Do you have the curiosity for international consumer trends and insights? Does it excite you to come up with new best-in-class and transformational ways to do business? Do you love creating strategic solutions for big consumer challenges?
We are seeking an energetic leader with a creative, analytical and strategic mindset, a person who is passionate about consumer needs, digital services, sales, and commercialization. As the leader of our strategy development, you will collaborate both with our business area and business function leaders, as well as teams both inside and outside Fortum, in order to create plans that put the right Fortum solutions into consumers’ hands. The Head of Strategy and Business Development reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Fortum Consumer Solutions. The position can be located in Stockholm, Oslo or Espoo.
• Lead Fortum Consumer Solutions wide consumer strategy development, business planning and strategic projects activities
• Analyze and evaluate our current performance versus international best-in-class and world-class industry- and consumer-business peers
• Create and share trends and insights how consumers thrive in the digital world of today and tomorrow
• Develop strategic hypotheses and conduct analyses to turn facts into insights, and drive through actionable recommendations and results
• Identify complex consumer business problems, and be part of developing customer offerings to solve them
• Integrate inputs from a number of individuals/units/functions, create alignment on the conclusions, and interact closely with senior management
• Lead cross-unit strategy development team
• Collaborate with Fortum group strategy team
In this role you will receive significant high profile exposure to senior executives and specialists with deep domain knowledge within services, and you will enjoy great opportunities for personal learning and professional development. This is a permanent full-time position offering an attractive compensation and benefits package. This is a great opportunity for a leader with strong experience in prioritizing activities, leading both external and internal partners, and a passion for international, consumer-facing, digital, services-based, consumer business operations.
• 7+ years of progressive experience in management consulting, corporate/business strategy (preferably at consumer services or tech firm), investment banking, or venture investing. Ideally a combination of consulting/banking and industry experience.
• Master's level degree with strong academic performance in Business/Economics/Engineering/Computer Science, or related field.
• Fact-driven strategic thinker with ability to drive business results.
• Ability to creatively infuse fundamental knowledge, with curiosity for how our consumers thrive, bringing an understanding about how consumers live in our digital world.
• Excellent problem-solver for strategic consumer-facing problems
• Natural talent for simplifying complexity and communicating it – and fluent in at least English.
• Self-starter enjoying working in a fast-paced international environment, and have a passion for solving big challenges, with a good sense of humor.
• Expertise and experience of digital / software services industry domain, and the ability to understand complex technology problems, is a plus.
Apply now! We plan to fulfill the position as soon as the right candidate is found. Send your application and CV in English via our online recruitment system by end of June 2019 at the latest.
Want to know more? You can find more information regarding our Fortum Consumer Solutions for instance here: https://www.fortum.com/sites/g/files/rkxjap146/files/investor-documents/07_ronnblad_fortum_cmd_2018.pdf.
For further information please contact Mikael Rönnblad, EVP, Consumer Solutions, via +358 500 448 089 (on Thursday 13.6 at 9-12 and 13-17 EET and on Thursday 20.6 at 9-12 EET ) or Merja Pitkaranta, VP, People and Employee Communications, Consumer Solutions, (on Thursday 13.6 at 9-12 EET, on Monday 17.6 at 10-13 EET, on Thursday 20.6 at 12- 15 EET) via +358 50 45 57157.