Boliden Kevitsa located in Sodankylä, Finland, is seeking an experienced Head of Section Automation & Electrical Maintenance. The position is permanent.
The Kevitsa open-pit mine in northern Finland was acquired by Boliden in June 2016. The operation, which comprises a mine and a concentrator, went into operation in 2012. The Kevitsa deposit – first discovered in 1987 – is one of the largest ever mineral discoveries in Finland. Currently, Kevitsa has over 550 employees who work together with around 300 contractors.
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager, the Head of Section, Automation & Electrical Maintenance will be responsible for the leadership, management and technical excellence of the Automation and Electrical Maintenance of Boliden Kevitsa Mine and metallurgical plant.
The main responsibilities include:
• Demonstration of a safety first focus by acting as a role model to staff.
• Lead, mentor and develop Automation and Electrical Maintenance teams on site to ensure optimum plant and mine equipment availability and performance
• Preparation and management of relevant operating, contractual and capital budgets
• Management of all aspects of electrical maintenance across the site
• Provide innovative engineering solutions and develop strategies for plant optimization
• Review plant design for efficiency and operability improvement and initiate and provide justification for related capital projects
• Report on maintenance activities and performance indicators
• Maintain and improve computer based planned maintenance system to ensure that all machinery, instrumentation and equipment is maintained according to supplier recommendation, industry best practices and within determined budgets
• Ensure that economical spares inventories are established and maintained
Education and qualifications
The appointee will have:
• MSc. / BSc. in Engineering, Electrical
• Experience of electrical department management
• Minimum 10 years appropriate industrial experience including at least 5 years in a senior role
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Finnish and English
• Well-entrenched safety and quality principles
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Welcome to an interesting job!
A successful candidate will demonstrate ability to work according to Boliden’s values that include care, courage and responsibility for the entire value chain, and demonstrating personal commitment to our work and the company.
Please submit your application letter and CV latest 15th of August 2021.