Head of Sales and Customer Partnerships
We are looking for the Head of Sales and Customer Partnerships who is skilled and experienced sales professional and leader with demonstrated success in identifying commercial opportunities in complex business environment.
As the Head of Sales and Customer Partnerships you excel in leading sales and ensuring business success as well as coaching and inspiring your team and developing their competence. You strengthen a customer-orientated culture, partner with customers and manage sales performance. You promote VTT as an entity that provides full VTT service portfolio, expertise and partnership to customers´ growth through cutting-edge technologies.
As a member of the Sales and Customer Partnerships leadership team and extended Commercial Operations leadership team, you contribute to business plan and success of VTT’s Commercial Operations. Besides leading sales team, you will also support and encourage sales orientation at VTT Research community.
With us, you will be responsible for:
- Leading overall activities of the sales team of ~10 professionals
- People leadership with coaching style - inspiring, attracting and developing talents and ensuring their continuous competence development
- Recognizing new commercial opportunities and leading commercial activities by example
- Influencing a large virtual sales-oriented scientist community towards customer centricity
- Building strategic customer alignment, seeking new opportunities in building success for the customer
- Matching customer challenges and opportunities with VTT’s value proposition
- Contributing to Commercial Operation’s strategy. As part of the Sales and Customer Partnerships leadership team, developing sales strategy and priorities.
- Setting KPIs, activity and revenue targets for the sales team in accordance with the sales strategy
- Supporting and contributing to account management plans with the Account and Sales Leads
- Contributing to selected key customer accounts and fostering relationships with customers
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Experience in the sales of B2B solutions
- Proven track record in driving growth
- Strong motivation and track record in leading and coaching sales teams and virtual organizations
- Experience in managing sales operations and developing related processes
- Strong track record in change management and organization development with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Experience in leading customer partnerships and building and sustaining relevant networks
- We consider experience in project and service sales as an asset as well as understanding of the research environment
- Relevant university degree
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages are considered as assets
As a person you are
You have well-developed business understanding, strong sales orientation and passion for helping our customers develop their business by searching win-win solutions and business model resolutions. As a leader, you want to create positive drive and get people excited by coaching and setting ambitious targets together with the team. You are curious about learning new and developing competence. As a person, you are target and achievement-oriented, analytical and enjoy a fast pace in business environment. You are a convincing communicator and your excellent negotiation and networking skills help you reach your goals in collaboration with others. In addition, you are motivated to working with cutting-edge technologies and leading VTT’s transformation through sales and customer work.
VTT provides an inspiring working environment that pools together world-class research, innovations and top experts. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us. With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
For further information
Interested and want to know more? Contact Marko Koistila (VP, Sales and Customer Partnerships) for more information by phone (+358 20 722 4960) on Wednesday August 5th at 9:00-10:30 or Tuesday August 11th at 15:00-16:00.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV as soon as possible, latest by August 16. We will start interviews already during application period.
Apply between 31 July 2020 and 16 August 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Regular