Head of People & Culture (Head of HR)
Head of People & Culture (Head of HR) to Sergel Oy
We are looking for a highly skilled, driven and engaged Head of People & Culture (HR) to take on the task to build and develop the People & Culture function at Sergel Oy, part of the Nordic Sergel Group (Legres AB). You will report directly to Managing Director of Sergel Oy, with dotted line to Sergel Group Chief People & Culture Officer.
We are currently redefining Sergel as a company and as an employer with the goal to build a purpose driven organization that will be one of the most attractive employers in the Nordics. Sergel’s purpose is Creating opportunities for people and businesses. We are proud of our guiding principles - Courage to challenge and change, Clear ownership and shared responsibility, Transparency creates trust, Commit to cooperate & Make it fun - that empower us every day to achieve our common goals.
About the position
As Head of People & Culture you will drive development and implement frameworks and practices in all P&C areas to ensure coherent leadership, employeeship and organizational culture. You will execute our common Nordic People & Culture strategy, including recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, learning & development, overall employee experience and lifecycle and related administration.
You will support, coach and inspire our leaders in all people related matters and serve as a strategic business partner to ensure that our people strategy supports overall corporate strategy. You will be responsible for creating and implementing local yearly strategy and action plan for People & Culture in coherence with the company’s overall business plan and goals as well as the overall People & Culture strategy. You will also be the main contact to our outsourced payroll partner and handle the administration on our part as well as approval of salaries.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a person who is ready to take the next step and look forward to both the professional and personal development that comes with being part of Sergel Finland’s senior leadership team as well as to tackle the challenges it may bring. You have worked in a wide-ranging role within Human Resources, as an HR Generalist/ HR Manager/HR Business Partner or similar for around 4-5 years and are comfortable with taking responsibility for all HR-processes and HR-related matters within a company
You have exceptional execution skills and a strong drive and find it a positive challenge to build new processes and practices as we are in a change process as a company. You have the ability to make a lot of things happen operationally, while also being able to zoom out to see the common strategic implications.
You are an outstanding relationship builder and strong communicator with a genuine interest in people and organizational culture, draw conclusions and make strategic decisions based on data to drive shifts in organizational culture and behavior. You are warm, caring and would not hesitate to walk the extra mile for your colleagues. You understand as no other that unexpected things will come your way and enjoy just that.
- Translate Nordic People & Culture strategy to country strategy & ensure implementation
- Make sure our company principles, leadership and employeeship are lived throughout all teams at Sergel Oy
- Spot opportunities for country organizational improvement and follow up with relevant stakeholders
- Actively propose, initiate and complete process improvement activities
- Make sure we have hiring practices to ensure we hire the best, and do so effectively
- Make sure that working at Sergel Oy is an exceptional experience, from recruitment, through onboarding to offboarding
- Ensure that we have learning & development practices that support company strategy and offer professional development to our people
- Provide subject matter expertise in employee relations
To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- A relentless drive and engagement, humility, a caring personality, execution power, flexibility of mind and belief in organizational culture as an accelerator to strategy fulfillment
- Good understanding of employee engagement initiatives and ability to implement those successfully.
- Self-sufficing and solution oriented, knows how to find answers to issues that are encountered
- University degree in HR or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years background in a broad role within Human Resources
- Previous overall responsibility for HR & People experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Finnish employment law and employee relations
- Fluency in Finnish and English.
- Experience in similar or related industry
- Experience in People management
- Certification in and experience of working with assessment tools in recruitment
Work location is either Helsinki or Lahti. Travelling between Lahti and Helsinki will be required on a weekly/bi-weekly basis as well as occasional travel to Oulu and in the Nordics
What we offer
A possibility to have a big impact on building a purpose driven organization where organizational culture and leadership that supports self-leading employees is in focus.
Together with our other employees you will have a key role to ensure that our organization meets high customer demands in areas of efficiency, business mind and We Care -attitude. You will be supported by professionals with good working atmosphere.
As an employer Sergel offers good benefits and development opportunities for your career.