Head of Mill Controlling and Finance
We are looking for a professional to lead the Anjala Mill business controlling and local accounting team as the Head of Mill Controlling and Finance. Your work location will be Anjala Mill in Ingerois, Kouvola. The position is permanent.
Career for a better climate. Every day.
Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Our fiber-based materials are renewable, recyclable and fossil free. Our solutions offer low-carbon alternatives to products based on finite resources. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow.
About the position
As the Head of Mill Controlling and Finance your main responsibilities are the mill business controlling activities as well as management and development of the Paper Country Accounting Services (CAS) Team in Finland. In this position you support the Mill Director and mill management to develop efficient operations and optimize financial result.
You will have the overall responsibility of financial performance management of the mill, incl. e.g. monthly financial reporting covering also financial forecast and deviation analysis. You will be responsible for execution and development of the performance management processess, like e.g. budgeting for mill operations as agreed with mill manager. Your tasks also include the resposibility of the statutory accounting and IFRS financial reporting for Stora Enso Paper companies in Finland.
As a responsible of Country Accounting Services for Paper Finland you are also a part of Paper division Financial Services (PFS) which provides shared financial services in all countries where Paper division operates. Paper CAS Finland Team is the main contact for the local auditors and other authorities and manages tax-related issues together with Paper Tax Services.
What we offer
We believe that our employees are key to our success. We offer a total rewards package to engage and motivate our employees, including elements such as compensation, employee benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, recognition and wellbeing. Joining us, you will get to be a part of the journey Stora Enso is on – transforming from a traditional forest industry company, into a renewable materials growth company – an industry with great potential driven by global megatrends.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a proactive and result oriented person, who has a university degree from a relevant area and several years of experience in finance and/or controlling.
Skills and qualifications needed in the role:
• More than 5 years of experience in the finance/controlling area
• University degree in finance or equivalent
• Proven management and leadership capabilities in an international environment
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written in English, other languages are an advantage
• Proactivity, result orientation, service mindedness towards internal customers, strong team player
• Ability to excel and work effectively in a matrix organization
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand cause and effect relationships
• Ability to handle relevant business / operational IT-tools (e.g. Ms Office, One Stream, SAP)
Additional skills and qualifications beneficial in this role:
• Industry knowledge from forest and/or process industry is seen as a clear advantage
Our culture and work towards a more sustainable future is based on these themes which, we hope, will resonate with you as well:
• Create customer value: Demonstrates drive to create value for our customers by understanding their needs and our capabilities.
• Drive Business Performance: Demonstrates the ability to translate strategy to action by making decisions, delivering results and proactively looking for new business opportunities.
• Do what's right: Lives by and stands up for our values. Treats everyone fairly and respectfully and acts with integrity according to our Code.
• Inspire and motivate: Inspires and motivates by providing a clear direction towards a compelling future, offering clarity and support along the journey.
• Manage and Grow: Ensures delivery and value whilst nurturing performance, diversity and inclusion.
Please submit your application via our recruitment system latest by the 28th of November. Questions can be directed to hiring manager, Mill Director Matti Lielahti, t. +358 44 342 8869 on the 15th of November from 1:30pm to 2:30pm and on the 18th of November from 9am to 10:30am. We accept applications submitted only through our recruitment system.
What happens after you apply?
To prepare yourself for our recruitment process, please explore the page provided: https://www.storaenso.com/en/careers/applying-for-a-job.
Anjala paper mill in Kouvola produces printing paper from mechanical pulp – both coated and uncoated book paper, magazine paper and improved newsprint grades.
Anjala paper mill is closely integrated with the neighbouring Stora Enso Ingerois Mill, utilising synergies in raw material and energy supply.