Head of Initiative
Are you an ambitious and result-driven development professional eager to build a new winning business for Neste?
We are looking for a
Head of Initiative (Lignocellulosic chemicals and materials)
to join our Innovation function. This position can be located in Finland or Sweden, while we expect you to spend time in both locations.
Your part in Neste’s journey
Innovations are crucial to Neste’s success in both short and long term. We generate improvements and breakthroughs that support the company’s target of becoming a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The Innovation function enables Neste’s core businesses to stay ahead of the competition. In addition, it drives future growth through identifying and building new business platforms that focus on scalable and sustainable feedstocks, technologies and business models.
Neste’s New Business Lignocellulosics & Venturing / Acquisitions organization is responsible for building new business platforms for growth focusing on lignocellulosics. It drives the initiatives towards commercialization, and initiates, builds and orchestrates ecosystems within the lignocellulosics landscape. The organization creates new initiatives and business models within the field of lignocellulosics.
In your role, you will
- turn the initiative related to Lignocellulosic chemicals and materials into a viable business platform (target setting, progress, scheduling, finance, business case, IPR)
- take the lead of planning, resourcing and developing the team and competencies
- take an active role in driving the unit forward as a member of New Business Lignocellulosics & Venturing / Acquisition
You will work closely with various roles and teams in growing Innovation function as well as other internal and external stakeholders. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Background in relevant industry
- Entrepreneurial and leadership position in technology related business
- Proven project management capabilities
- Business/sales/marketing knowhow
- Skills to drive and scale up new businesses
- Planning and implementation capabilities
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal and leadership skills to excite and carry through
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Lars Peter Lindfors, SVP, tel. +358 50 4583605 on September 25th, 2019 during 2pm - 4pm (EEST).
Please submit your application (including CV and Cover Letter) by September 29th, 2019.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.