Head of Footwear Operations / Ejendals, Jalasjärvi
Ejendals is a Swedish company that for generations has specialized in developing, manufacturing and marketing high-quality products that protect hands and feet. The head offices are in Leksand, Sweden, where Ejendals also have an R&D lab and testing facilities for gloves and hand protection. The company has similar facilities for R&D- and testing for safety footwear under JALAS brand in Jokipii, Finland.
The company owns their own factory in Finland and maintain long-standing cooperation with a few selected factories in other parts of the world. Roughly fifty per cent of the products are manufactured in their own factory. The factories they have chosen to work with are among the best in the world, and the cooperation usually stretches back more than 20 years.
The Ejendals factory in Jokipii is now looking for
Head of Footwear Operations
Your role will be to transfer our Jokipii plant to the next level of manufacturing. Drive and run the company’s manufacturing internally and externally with the help of the highly professional team, and in addition, to focus on continuous improvements and efficiency.
As Head of Footwear Operations you will be responsible for the Jokipii site, including:
- Contacts with authorities and municipalities
- Responsible for adherence to legal requirements and ISO certificates
- Running and conducting general staff meetings and information
- Responsible for the facility/maintenance/ Budgeting
- Conduct local company Management Team Meetings
- Competence development of the sub ordinates and recruitment
You will also be responsible for global operations and production which includes:
- Driving continues improvement and efficiency of the production processes through implementation of lean internally and externally.
- Introducing modern production methods
- Budgeting, reporting and follow up of the area
- Overall responsibility for the industrialization process, quality control procedure and follow up Including testing.
- Maintenance and Investment programs
- Short- and long-term capacity planning
- Managing contract manufacturing units internally and externally.
To succeed and thrive you need a university degree in a relevant field and several years of manufacturing experience in shoe industry or in similar kind of industry with a proven track record of lean implementations and efficiency improvements. International experience with contract manufacturing is an advantage in this position. You have excellent leadership capabilities and good presentation and communication skills. You have an analytical mind and the ability to absorb large amounts of complex information, as well as to draw clear conclusions. You have strategic ability within manufacturing and global industrial development. You communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing. Finnish and Swedish are assets in this position.
Please send your application and CV together with your salary request via the application button as soon as possible, but at the latest on 5.3.2020. For more information, please contact Hanna Peltokangas, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 769 9764 or MPS Consultant Sari Salojärvi, email@example.com, +358 41 466 6064.