Head of Financial ControlMarimekko Oyj
Marimekko is a Finnish lifestyle design company renowned for its original prints and colors. The company’s product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, bags and accessories as well as home décor items ranging from textiles to tableware. When Marimekko was founded in 1951, its unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity.
In 2021, the company's net sales were EUR 152 million and brand sales of the products worldwide amounted to EUR 376 million. Globally, there are roughly 150 Marimekko stores, and online store serves customers in 35 countries. The key markets are Northern Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and North America. The Group employs about 410 people. The company’s share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. www.marimekko.com
We are looking for an experienced and proactive
Head of Financial Control
to our HQ office, in Herttoniemi, Helsinki
In this role you will be responsible for accurate financial accounting for external and internal stakeholders. You will also support business in tax and fiscal accounting issues.
You will manage and support a team of 9 professionals.
This is a full-time and permanent position, in which you will report to our Chief Financial Officer.
- Marimekko Group financial accounting globally
- Responsible for accurate financial data for external and internal stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis (IFRS, FAS, Taxes)
- Preparation of interim financial tables and Statutory Financial Statements (IFRS and FAS)
- Tax and transfer pricing principles
- Cash management
- Active role in different development projects
In order to succeed in the role, you have:
- Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s or master’s degree)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial accounting and reporting in international company or in auditing firm
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in working cross functionally
- Experience in leading people
- Ability to perform under pressure and keep tight deadlines
- Mindset for continuous development
- Fluent communication skills in English and Finnish languages
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves and value diversity. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we might be able to offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment with one of the most iconic lifestyle brands.
If all this sparks your interest and you feel like you are the one we are looking for, please send your application including your CV and cover letter with salary expectation via our career site at http://company.marimekko.com/careers. We will start the interviews already during the application period so please, let us hear from you as soon as possible but no later than on 25.10.2022. The recruitment will be closed as soon as the right person has been found. For more information about the role, please contact Elina Anckar (Chief Financial Officer at Marimekko) by phone (+358 40 357 69 32) on Thu 6.10. at 4-5 PM, Fri 7.10. 4-5PM or Wed 12.10. 9-10 AM.
Marimekko is ranked as the most attractive employer in Finland amongst business professionals according to Universum’s ranking. Marimekko is also the 2nd most attractive employer in Finland amongst business students. Read more about the Universum’s study here.
Marimekko's culture and working environment are founded on equality, inclusion and cherishing diversity. Recruitment is always based on business need, and the candidates are evaluated on relevant knowledge, skills and experience as well as motivation.